Billing SpecialistApply Job ID: R-006223 Date posted: 03/13/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Job Title: Billing Specialist
Billing Specialist tasks will include creation of complex sponsor invoices and the tracking of receivables, addressing sponsor inquiries, application of cash receipts, revenue accruals, and account reconciliations.
The Billing Team works daily with Sponsor Revenue team to ensure the timely resolution of all billing, cash, and reconciling items. The team is also focused on implementing process improvements to streamline and enhance efficiencies. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and organizational skills, and maintain the ability to remain detail-oriented while working in a fast pace environment. The ability to adapt, appropriately take initiative and assume responsibility is essential for success.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Prepare and issue complex monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc billing
- Communicate with sponsors on required data for billing, inquiries, cash receipts, etc.
- Prepare unique monthly reconciliation as part of the accounting close process
- Complete daily cash application
- In-depth monthly review of aged receivables and distribution sending of collection notices
- Prepare advance journal entries, flux analysis and other standard accounting functions
- Provide timely support for other miscellaneous billing and cash application requests
- Special projects and Ad Hoc requests as assigned
- 1 - 2 years of accounts receivable / billing experience preferred
- Experience with Oracle R12 a plus
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge and experience
- Ability to work under pressure and tight time deadlines
- Ability to work independently and be detail oriented
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- 4 year college degree with a focus in Accounting/Finance/Business preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.