Business Analyst, Business Management (Compliance, Legal and Risk)Apply Job ID: R-001627 Date posted: 12/29/2017 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Come join LPL Financial as a member of our Reporting & Consulting team, within the Compliance, Legal, and Risk division. We are currently looking to hire a Business Analyst for the team.
As a trusted business partner, the Business Analyst will lead analysis and forecasts to help our management make informed decisions. The Business Analyst will work with business partners across the division to gather metrics, budgets, invoicing, and contract needs.
The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong organization skills and technical reporting knowledge to develop and deliver tools and analysis to drive continuous improvement. This position will require someone that likes to be involved, confident liaising at all levels and has some general financial analysis experience. Bring comfortable with excel and PowerPoint, and quick to learn other system tools.
- Working closely with cross-functional business partners to understand and provide insights to monthly financial reporting
- Confidence presenting and reporting
- Contracts tracking and processing
- Preparing monthly divisional status reports
- Maintain database of; records, data, and metrics
- Identifying trends, analyze results and make recommendations
- Development of business metrics and dashboards
- Ad hoc analysis and additional responsibilities as required
- Recognizing system inefficiencies and implementing effective solutions
- 1-3 years finance-related experience, professional services experience preferred
- Effective communication, presentation and writing skills
- Knowledge of financial reporting processes
- MS Excel and PowerPoint expert
- Experience with enterprise systems and reporting tools a definite plus
- Detail oriented with insight to determine applicability of big picture analysis
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within alone or within a team, take the initiative and show strong attention to detail is critical.
- Ability to take initiative and create concise and decision supporting analysis is essential.
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
- High level of motivation and initiative
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) is required
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.