Business Development Associate-Lead GenerationApply Job ID: R-006589 Date posted: 04/16/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Primary prospecting efforts will be phone based (cold-calling) with supplemental efforts using digital means (email campaigns and social media). The Business Development Associate will be part of the Lead Generation Team that reports to the VP of Advisor Recruiting.
- Training and development to understand and articulate LPL’s value proposition, general LPL policies, competitive landscape, the financial services industry and the benefits of joining one of LPL’s affiliation options.
- Using the news cycle, territory makeup and direction of the recruiters/leaders to execute on weekly prospecting campaigns
- Prospecting financial advisors to gauge/create interest in meeting with a LPL recruiter
- Using independent judgement to qualify a lead, determining if the lead should be introduced to the pipeline by presenting to the Internal Regional Director or field Regional Director
- 100 outreaches per day – cold calls (primary), individual emails and social media outreaches (LinkedIn)
- Finding personal emails for advisors in our database that only have corporate email
- Using Salesforce.com to track and report on individual KPIs
- Using Salesforce.com to understand the impact of lead flow on territory funnel and results
- Participate in weekly team meetings and 1:1’s with team leader(s)
- Develop skillset, knowledge base and industry experience in order to qualify for next level opportunity as an Internal Regional Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related areas
- Series 6, 7 and 66 preferred
- 1-2 years in a sales role; financial services experience preferred
- Highly motivated and resilient by achieving sales targets consistently
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to quickly build rapport, primarily via phone based communication
- Ability to communicate effectively with leadership, field recruiting professionals, and internal recruiters
- Schedule flexibility; mostly standard business hours, however campaigns or time zones may impact arrival and departure times
- Comfortable with some travel, two times per year for training
- MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Salesforce, MS Outlook
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.