Business Manager, Corporate StrategyApply Job ID: R-002725 Date posted: 04/19/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is hiring a project manager for the newly developed Independent Advisor Institute program. The PM will oversee critical areas of the program vital to long-term success. The ideal candidate will have a background in operations, talent development, and technology. An understanding of the internal systems and operations of LPL is critical to success in this role.
The LPL Independent Advisor Institute will give participants an opportunity to jumpstart their career into the financial services industry. The program will consist of training, mentorship, and peer-to-peer interactions designed to position the new advisors for success.
- Collaborate internally across departments to ensure all functions work smoothly
- Coordinate and carry out responsibilities relating to the development of the curriculum, curation of content, sourcing of training providers
- Manage all event logistics to ensure the success of each event
- Coordinate and manage the marketing and social media platforms related to the program
- Influence up and across the organization to ensure the program’s overall success
- Help identify opportunities to scale the program to achieve its three year vision
- Coordinate schedules and logistics for the program manager as needed
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication, or a related field
- 3+ years’ experience in financial services at LPL
- Strong, creative-thinking and analytical skills
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives at once in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong team work and interpersonal skills, and ability to collaborate
- Series 7 and 66 licenses required, or must be obtained within 90 days
- A positive attitude and a sense of humor
- PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, SalesForce, Online training delivery technologies
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.