Capital Projects Accounting ManagerApply Job ID: R-003327 Date posted: 06/11/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Capital Projects Accounting Manager is a management level position in the Shared Services Accounting team that reports to the Assistant Vice President of Accounting. The Capital Projects Accounting Manager will be responsible for overseeing the accounting records and managing the analysis for Fixed Asset capital expenditures and the General and Administrative expenses of LPL Investment Holdings and its subsidiaries. The Capital Projects Accounting Manager will take the lead in implementing process improvements to help the team streamline and enhance efficiencies and shift the team’s focus to analyzing and communicating results and providing proactive customer service. This position is responsible for the administration of the Oracle Fixed Asset and Projects Modules and all accounting, analysis and controls related to project initiatives including but not limited to internally developed software.
- Research and application of accounting guidance related to Internally Developed Software, Fixed Asset and Construction initiatives.
- Lead monthly closing processes and present business metrics and analysis
- Review complex reconciliations related to Fixed Asset activities.
- Review routine general and administrative journal entries and reconciliations
- Build and optimize workflow within the Projects Module via SQL and Auto Accounting enhancements.
- Coordinate with Project Managers and other key business partners to further the understanding of business activities and accounting implications.
- Drive monthly capitalization meetings with key business partners to ensure proper capitalization of the company’s capital projects.
- Manage capital expenditure reporting
- Support quarterly and year-end financial reporting and audit deliverables
- Identify and participate in the execution of key Sox Controls
- Manage and develop Access databases associated with projects and fixed asset processes.
- Manage processes and controls related to deployment and tracking of Fixed Assets.
- Implement and monitor system configurations
- Assist accounting management with ad hoc reporting and special projects as needed
- Superior planning and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and interact effectively in a fast paced team-oriented environment
- Intermediate to advanced proficiencies with MS Office Excel and Access
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting required
- CPA or 4-5 years of equivalent technical accounting background required.
- 1-2 years of management experience preferred.
- Experience working with Oracle Projects Module a plus
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.