Case Consulting AssociateApply Job ID: R-007963 Date posted: 10/29/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-Remote , CA-San Diego
Responsible for the case management and processing of new insurance business. The primary goal of our case managers is to see that all Life, Long-Term Care, Disability insurance applications are processed and managed through the underwriting process to maximize the opportunity for timely issuance of policies.
- Analyze new client applications once received from the operations staff to ensure the rate applied for meets the carrier’s medical and financial underwriting guidelines. Use insurance experience, knowledge and research to identify any “red flags” that may prevent the client from receiving the best offer. 10%
- Identify additional information needed to receive an offer from the insurance carrier. Work with carriers and vendors to retrieve any outstanding required medical and financial information. 10%
- Analyze carrier requirements and use independent judgment to assess insurance risk for applicants. Analyze client’s needs and recommend to advisors alternative solutions for clients, as necessary. Work as the advisor’s advocate and negotiate the need for outstanding requirements or information to ensure offer is received as quickly as possible. 20%
- Analyze all medical information once an offer is made. If the offer is other than applied, research other carrier guidelines and pricing and analyze whether it is in the client’s best interest to take the business to a different insurance carrier. Negotiate with sponsor carrier underwriters and LPLIA Sales, based on own discretion, to secure the best offer for the advisor’s clients and ensure the highest placement ratio of contracts. 50%
- Independently work on a high volume case load and significant premiums while maintaining service level agreements that are in place for case management. Respond to all emails and voicemails promptly and communicate with agent’s regarding case status at least once a week. Perform all functions of the role through execution of the LPL Success Factors. 10%
Other Job Duties:
1. Projects as assigned.
Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Minimum Experience Required: : 3+ years experience as a field underwriting/case management specialist or equivalent work experience with Life Insurance (Term, UL, SUL, Whole Life, VUL, Long Term Care). Experience with Regulation 60, irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts, Buy/Sells, Key Man
Licenses/Certifications Required/Preferred: Insurance Licensing preferred
Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred: MS Office Tools preferred, skilled in the use of a personal computer and specialized software, proficient with new business tracking software and imaging systems (e.g. Agency Works, Paperclip, Exam One)
Additional information: Interacts with both internal/external customers. Daily contact with Advisors, Sales Directors/Business Development Officers and insurance carriers.
List any Soft Skills required for the position: Build and foster strong working relationship with senior underwriters of the general agency approved carriers and office staff. (Results/goal oriented). Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong follow through and sense of urgency, strong relationship building skills and problem solving skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to change quickly and strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Possible career path for this position: Sr. Case Manager
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.