Client Compensation Service RepApply Job ID: R-001153 Date posted: 08/17/2017 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Client Compensation Analyst
The Client Compensation processor will support the firm’s commissions area, which includes being able to review and process certain transactions, as well as answer incoming inquiries either internal or external regarding advisor commissions. This role will focus onboarding our advisors into our commissions platform, processing incoming commissions transaction and servicing clients as needed. There may also be a need to perform some data review and analysis. You must be able to conduct both roles of processing and handling service calls effectively and efficiently.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Process and enter data (both numeric and alpha) with high level of speed and accuracy
- Detail oriented review of transactional information to determine if a specific set of requirements are met
- Work within a team to determine scope of impact based on requested parameters
- Analyze data to identify patterns and trends to improve speed and accuracy of review/processing functions
- Meet SLAs and deadlines in accordance with department policies and procedures
- Maintain spreadsheets and/or databases by entering data, reconciling and generating reports if needed
- Perform multiple tasks concurrently with various operational processes and data input platforms
- Create, review, and update procedures as needed to reflect ongoing processes
- Support various projects as needed including testing, reporting, and data analysis
- Work closely with other groups to ensure documents required for compliance and audit are received and properly accounted for
- Evaluate existing processes and develop initiatives towards process improvements
- Ability to consistently apply a "risk mindset" to your work. Ensure increased knowledge and familiarity of policies/procedures, continual and complete adherence to risk review, and ongoing oversight.
- Correspond with Sponsors to gather missing information as needed
- Correspond with Advisors, Offices, and Institutions to gather missing information as needed
- Complete additional assigned tasks as needed at management discretion
Additional Functions that may be supported:
- Ability to maximize time and availability to ensure our customers receive timely, effective, and efficient world class service.
- Assist advisors with general commission related inquiries and troubleshoot research request
- Conduct investigations with internal LPL departments throughout the company to verify validity of charges or credits
- Answer incoming or make outbound calls from Advisors, Vendors, and other member of the firm
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with various levels of personnel, in addition to encouraging and building positive relationships and communicating effectively with all co-workers and outside sponsors
- Excellent Time management skills. Ability to work independently, organize work effectively and take initiative in fast-paced work environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-directed, team oriented, responsible, and reliable, with a positive and professional attitude and a proactive style
- Basic industry knowledge and understanding of commissions processing, direct business, mutual fund and Annuity business is preferred
- Ability to meet strict deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation for obtaining results
- Ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Customer Service background with phone experience preferred
Software/Systems Skills Required: Microsoft Office Suite with advanced skills in Word and Excel.
Software/Systems Skills Preferred: Experience with Oracle, BETA, Siebel, and Salesforce.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.