Client Relations & Technical Support SpecialistApply Job ID: R-012844 Date posted: 02/09/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-Remote , CA-San Diego
Are you a financial advisor or investment professional looking to expand your technical expertise?
Do you like working with advisors and want to help them support their investors and grow their business?
Are you detail-oriented and curious? A self-starter and a problem-solver?
Interested in learning more? If so, this role could be a great fit!
Our growing AdvisoryWorld Financial Technology team is looking for an investment professional who wants to work closely with new technology while continuing to work with advisors. We provide analytical, customized financial software solutions to assist advisors and their clients to navigate an increasingly volatile market.
Learn how advisors want to use financial technology and assist them in making sure their portfolio models measure up in today’s market. Show those advisors how to best utilize our software to improve their assets under management and work with our development team to remain on the cutting edge of technology.
What will you do?
The Primary job functions of the Client Relations and Technical Support Specialist will include:
- Understanding the financial industry and related client needs
- Receiving incoming calls and emails from current and future clients
- Conducting needs assessments for all clients
- Providing client technical support assistance for any incoming client issue
- Ability to work independently of instruction
- Providing in-depth product demonstrations to new users and current subscribers
- Managing CRM (Salesforce) data to ensure all key data is captured for all clients
- Having a thorough understanding of the company's products and services
- Strong attention to detail, time management and decision-making skills
- Contributing to and maintaining a positive team culture that values high performance, collaboration, and transparency
What does success look like in the first 90 days?
After your first three months, you should have a solid understanding of what our team does and our integral role in the success of many other teams. You will be able to walk clients and potential clients through a basic demonstration of our main programs. You should be comfortable answering basic questions about our software and how it can assist advisors.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and can execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration or equivalent work experience required
- Prior financial markets experience preferred (RIAs, RR, Broker Dealer, back office etc.)
- Knowledge of Financial Markets (i.e. familiarity with stocks, bonds, mutual funds and ETFs)
- At least 1 year of client relations, account management or inbound client support experience preferred
- Ability to demonstrate the use of technology and work with users to troubleshoot technology challenges
- Applications and CRM System experience (e.g. Salesforce)
- Curious and motivated by the opportunity to be part of a fast moving, entrepreneurial team
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.