Communications ConsultantApply Job ID: R-013138 Date posted: 04/28/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
As the communications consultant, you are passionate about executing communication strategies that seek to inform, engage, and celebrate. You shift the voice and tone of the piece depending on audience and medium, but keep it accessible, fun, and action-oriented. You effectively use design elements to complement the story that you are telling. Does this sound like you? Great!
The Compliance, Legal & Risk (CLR) department is seeking a communications consultant with high proficiency in all aspects of communications to join their small-but-mighty communications team. You will combine your knowledge of employee, executive, and digital communications with your business acumen to share information across CLR, our firm, and our advisors.
Through this highly visible and collaborative role, you translate complex information into everyday language, guide behavior through calls-to-action, look at the big picture to connect dots, and of course remain calm under pressure as you partner across the organization.
What does this look like in practice?
- Writing employee communications for a variety of internal channels, including department emails, newsletters, videos, presentations, events, and announcements—sometimes in your voice, other times ghostwriting for our leaders
- Creating and editing content on our digital sites, and suggesting layouts for the content within CRM capabilities
- Engaging employees to embrace our culture and own their careers
- Helping make employee all-hands meetings engaging, informative, and fun
- Supporting senior leaders with PowerPoint decks
- Compiling and analyzing metrics to measure the effectiveness of our communication strategies
As you can tell, strong written and verbal communication skills are required as well as the ability to collaborate with various levels throughout the organization. Want a tip for success in this role? Make it your own! We want a strong collaborator who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is client-focused, team-oriented, and executes in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, journalism, or related field
- 5-7 years of experience in corporate communications
- Highly proficient with Microsoft program suite, especially PowerPoint
- Solid knowledge of CRM and web management
- Working knowledge of web design principles, best practices, and content management platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Trusted to work independently with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to execute projects and tasks with minimal guidance and supervision
The Compliance, Legal & Risk (CLR) team is focused on delivering an industry-leading client service and risk management experience by providing advisors and our internal business partners with proactive guidance, advice, advocacy and consultative partnerships.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.