Consulting AssociateApply Job ID: R-006794 Date posted: 06/05/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
The qualified candidate will be responsible for supporting the growth of advisory platform assets for LPL Clearing clients (AXA Advisors) primarily through phone contact, proposal/report construction, schedule management and sales reporting. Working together with the Regional Advisory Consultants the candidate will act as a sales partner to collectively execute on a strategic business plan to grow advisory sales. The primary purpose of this role is to aid Clearing Financial Advisors in navigating and applying the most relevant products and services offerings to specific client situations. The role provides advisory platform support, proposal support and marketing support to financial professionals through inbound and outbound phone calls. The role will be phone based and require excellent team work skills.
Essential Functions: (List in order of importance and estimate the percentage of time spent.
- Training & Education – Consult with financial advisors about all aspects of the applicable LPL product & services to match the most applicable combination of practice management, economics, features and functionality to the client's needs. Consult on regional events and other training opportunities and help Advisors to determine how to best leverage those resources to grow their businesses. 30%
- Territory Sales Support - The position will provide support on sales/ marketing campaigns and events, duties include constructing marketing materials/presentations, managing email distribution lists and appointment/conference confirmations. The Associate will build presentations used in the field by the Regional Advisory Consultants to drive sales with input from members of the Advisory Consulting team. The position will construct and deliver reports, including but not limited to proposals and Business Analysis Reports (BAR) for advisors and Regional Advisory Consultants when appropriate. 50%
- Case Consultations - Consult with financial advisors on new sales opportunities. This involves questioning techniques to fully understand client needs and advisor preferences for investment and practice management. Leverage expertise and job knowledge to provide options for consideration relative to asset allocations and product selections in order to meet client needs. 20%
Other Job Duties:
- Leverage skills to diagnose advisor and client needs to provide appropriate options for consideration
- Assist advisors with analyses of existing prospect portfolios
- Through training maintain up-to-date job knowledge on proposal tools and other resources that assist advisors throughout the sales and service process with investors. Maintain current knowledge and understanding of LPL's offerings, Sponsor products, market dynamics and industry trends, etc.
- Work collaboratively with business units within National Sales & Consulting and across LPL
- Participate in appropriate professional development activities to best provide support to advisors and their clients which may include pursuit of certain professional designations and continuing education.
- Assist other territory sales teams in need of temporary support.
Minimum Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or related field is preferred and industry certifications are a plus
Minimum Experience Required: (including years of experience)
- 1+ years of Financial Services experience is required.
- Series 7 & 63 licenses are required; Series 65 or 66 licenses are required
Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred:
- Proficiency working with WebEx, PowerPoint, and Excel
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.