Consulting AssociateApply Job ID: R-003861 Date posted: 08/13/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The primary purpose of this role is to aid financial advisors in navigating and applying the most relevant Advisory products & services offerings to specific client situations. Consulting Associates (CA) must demonstrate a high level of product knowledge, professionalism, and attention to detail.
The CA is responsible for fielding inbound calls and will provide accurate support regarding all aspects of the LPL offerings and engage in consultative conversations independently addressing a broad range of client support issues applying professional judgment, expertise and best-in-class service.
1. Training & Education – Consult with financial advisors about all aspects of the applicable LPL product & services to match the most applicable combination of practice management, economics, features and functionality to the client's needs. Consult on Advisor University and other training opportunities and help Advisors to determine how to best leverage those resources to grow their businesses.
2. Case Consultations - Consult with financial advisors on new sales opportunities. This involves questioning techniques to fully understand client needs and advisor preferences for investment and practice management. Leverage expertise and job knowledge to provide options for consideration relative to asset allocations and product selections in order to meet client needs.
3. Consult as a first point of contact to understand client needs, case design, risk class assessment, illustrations, and recommends suitable products and platforms to meet those needs. Assure appropriate sales materials are packaged to the advisor to help them better understand and make adjustments to the case as needed.
4. Articulate market and economic impacts as well as the technical investment characteristics of portfolios and underlying securities.
5. Consult on supporting technology including portfolio analytic tools, investor presentation and proposal tool, and LPL BranchNet management/trading tools.
6. Articulate our value proposition and four pillars of support and provides an overview of sales concepts.
7. With little supervision, problem solve a myriad of issues relating to compliance, operations, and technology concerns.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Leverage skills to diagnose advisor and client needs to provide appropriate options for consideration
2. Assist advisors with analyses of existing prospect portfolios
3. Through training maintain up-to-date job knowledge on proposal tools and other resources that assist advisors throughout the sales and service process with investors. Maintain current knowledge and understanding of LPL's offerings, Sponsor products, market dynamics and industry trends, etc.
4. Work collaboratively across business units to provide service and to facilitate cross referrals
5. Participate in appropriate professional development activities to best provide support to advisors and their clients which may include pursuit of certain professional designations and continuing education.
1. FINRA Series 7 and 65/66 licensed (If not not already held then must be obtained within 90 days of employment)
2. Superior phone-based communication
3. Detail oriented with knowledge of Microsoft Office products
4. Industry knowledge/experience a plus
5. Bachelor's Degree
6. Team player
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.