Desktop Support AnalystApply Job ID: R-005161 Date posted: 02/15/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Job Description: Desktop Support Analyst II
LPL Financial is the nation’s largest independent brokerage firm with more than 14,000 independent financial advisors in more than 4,000 branch offices nationwide. LPL Financial has been ranked the number one broker dealer in its class consistently over the past 10 years. Financially strong and growing, its corporate offices are in Boston, San Diego, and Charlotte.
Position Summary:Desktop Support Analyst II
This position assists customers, end users and operating staff with technical support of computers, applications, and related technology. Interaction with multiple levels of end users, managers, VIPs and local technical staff is required. Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Accurately test, identify, repair, resolve, and document end user technical issues for basic desktop/laptop/workstation support, basic connectivity support (wired and wireless), PDAs, and basic printer support.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software issues. Install, configure, reconfigure or reinstall desktop software including remote support.
- Reimage computers/hard drives in accordance with standards.
- Perform Move, Add, Change function including installation and decommission.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot Windows based operating systems, Microsoft Office and Internet browsers.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot MAC/Apple based operating systems and proprietary applications.
- Configures and supports remote users including VPN client and connectivity.
- Back up and restore settings and associated systems administration activities
- Take ownership of issues from end-to-end to reach a resolution for all appropriate requests and incidents.
- Troubleshoots incidents and fulfills requests within established SLAs.
- Adheres to Desktop and End User Computing processes, procedures, policies, and job aids.
- Provides a high touch, business aware, personalized, world-class customer service.
- Provide basic first level troubleshooting for IP Phone related issues.
- Categorize and prioritize end user support requests and service requests by utilizing ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information.
- Perform asset inventory activities as needed.
- Train and orient staff on use of hardware and software.
- Recommend and / or perform upgrades on systems as required.
- At least 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area required
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Strong Microsoft operating System installation and troubleshooting skills
- Strong Break / Fix skills Desktops, Workstations, Notebooks, Tablets, MFPs, and Printers
- Familiarity with Software Distribution tools such as SCCM preferred.
- Experience with Windows OS, MS Office, Active Directory, Group policies, anti-virus software, Windows domain networking, local area networking.
- Experience with wireless technology such as Android, iPhones, iPads, Tablets, remote access software, wireless routers, personal firewall, VPN and Citrix.
- Broad experience in IT related services with basic understanding of Networks, Servers and Telecoms
- Strong customer-service skills. Ability to provide consistent, excellent customer support to entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform in a dynamic environment with changing schedules and priorities.
- Ability to handle heavy volume of equipment deployments and Incidents.
- Physical ability to lift 30-50lbs daily
- Self-motivated and willingness to adapt to different roles within Desktop Support services.
- Possesses a friendly, can-do attitude.
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivated
- Rotational On-call for executive support
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.