VP Development Manager- Digital Experience TechnologyApply Job ID: R-005692 Date posted: 03/19/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
VP Development Manager Role is part of Digital Experience Technology (DXT) department, DXT engineering team offers Digital & Marketing Platforms, Mobile Apps, Products and Services solutions through Digital Factory (CI/CD). Development Manager is responsible for liaison with business partners and lead day to day functional and technical solutions delivery. Leads design and development of Digital Experience platform and/or Marketing Automation platforms applying Web Technologies, AEM, IOS SDK, Eloqua/ SF Pardot, Micro Services technologies and integrations to Web, Mobile and AI Chat channels.
The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills along with a demonstrated ability to mentor and manage a digital team. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make a vision a reality.
- Contribute towards DXT strategy , roadmap, solution design, design patterns and best practices
- Manages a team of 6 - 8 developers and analysts including full time and contractors from onshore and offshore
- Leads development efforts applying .Net, AEM, Full stack (Angular JS, Node JS...) Web Framework, Micro services and Cloud technologies.
- Leads design and development of App Studio platform, build reusable App frameworks and components configurable to initiate new application / product development.
- Responsible for technical design and development aspects of Web Applications, Mobile Apps, Marketing Landing Pages and Content Management Systems
- Support Adobe Marketing Cloud including Adobe Experience Manager and Web Analytics initiatives.
- Develop new technologies from concept to POC, and create steady state plans if scalable for an enterprise roll out
- Lead Mobile App Platform efforts to build and rollout Native and Hybrid Mobile Apps
- Partner with business, product and technology teams to define problems, develop business case, build prototypes and create new offerings.
- Manage day to day interactions with business, digital technology and cross functional teams.
- Lead Work Orders and Digital Operations supporting platforms and products health and resolving production defects
- Evangelize and promote Cloud based micro-services architecture and Digital Technology capabilities adoption across organization
- Lead and own technical design and development aspects of Web Applications, Mobile Apps, Marketing Landing Pages and Content Management Systems
- Manage day to day onsite and offshore development activities implementing products and platforms practicing Agile Development methodology
- Collaborate with business, product , enterprise architecture and cross-functional teams to ensure strategic and tactical goals of project efforts are met
- Work collaboratively with QA, DevOPS teams to adopt CI/CD tool chain and develop automation
- Work with technical teams to ensure overall support and stability of platforms and assist with troubleshooting when production incidents arise
- Be a mentor and leader on the team and within the organization
- Overall 10+ years of experience, with 8+ years of development experience in applying design thinking principles and implementing digital front end platforms using UI Full Stack, CMS, Mobile Apps, Marketing and Digital tools
- Extensive hand’s on experience using JQuery, AngularJS 2.0/4.0, IOS SDK, React JS, Node JS and similar Java Script frameworks
- Deep knowledge and understanding of front-end MV* patterns , single page application (SPA) architecture and Mobile App’s
- Experience in any one enterprise CMS is must (Adobe Experience Manager / SDL Tridion / Any)
- Experience in Micro services architecture implementing SOAP/Rest services on Pivotal Cloud Foundry / Amazon AWS / MS Azure Cloud is added advantage
- Experience in any one Marketing Automation platforms (Pardot / Hubspot) is added advantage.
- Experience with integrating digital platforms with digital channels (e.g. Call Center, video, chat, social)
- Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills
- Ms or Ph.D degree in Computer Science / Statistics / Mathematics / Data Science / Any
- Previous industry experience or research experience in solving business problems applying machine learning and deep learning algorithms
- Must be hands on technologist with prior experience in similar role
- Good experience in practicing and executing projects in Agile Scrum or Agile Safe iterative methodologies
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.