Digital Consultant, Content and Channel ManagementApply Job ID: R-002397 Date posted: 03/09/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is looking for a strong writer with a solid technical skill set to help us manage content across all digital channels. This digital consultant is responsible for ensuring content is consistent with site standards and style guides, and working side-by-side with a variety of internal content owners and experts to publish and optimize content that promotes department and company objectives. This role will report to the AVP of digital.
- Serve as part content editor and part content manager
- Develop, manage, and curate content across multiple platforms
- Lead and support digital projects including: web pages, landing pages, online forms, SEM/SEO, online/email campaigns, and social media initiatives.
- Ability to produce engaging and relevant content across plat forms in accordance with business content requirements/roadmaps
- Serve as a content management system and website subject matter expert (SME) for content publishers across the firm
- Work hands-on with Corporate Communication leads and business units to proactively plan how website and content can be organized to support effective communication
- Provide proactive content planning to support campaigns, updates and new initiatives and use the website to promote and curate that content
- Organize web content flows based on audience goals and key content, including tagging strategies for placement and template design recommendations for content
- Identify content gaps and opportunities relevant for web publishing
- Act as approver and publisher in approval workflow
- Understand, adhere to and influence improvements in LPL’s content governance guidelines and editorial style guide to ensure content aligns with LPL brand standards and overall site style
- Conduct ongoing audits of site content, updating, maintaining, and retiring content as needed
- Provide best practices and editorial oversight to improve overall content quality on our sites;
- Troubleshoot content management tool and resolve technical issues
- Responsible for general tactical support of SEO initiatives such as keyword research and recommendations, developing meta titles and descriptions to help drive online traffic
- Lead content audits across all digital channels
- Provide general analytics on digital content to determine effectiveness and to gain insights to future strategies
- Troubleshoot and respond to issues in order to resolve them quickly
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, PR, or related field
- 5 years of experience in Content Management, Web Development or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including strong editing, grammar and proofreading skills
- Strong understanding of search fundamentals (SEO, SEM, search analytics)
- Passionate about web content best practices, optimizing content for the web and SEO
- Experience with enterprise content management systems, Microsoft SharePoint and Adobe AEM (CQ5) preferred
- Strong experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, other content and media production tools
- Working knowledge of html and familiarity with CSS and Java preferred
- Experience with common video editing tools and techniques
- Collaborative working style
- Experience coaching/supporting non-technical users
- Exceptional project management skills with experience leading and/or supporting projects involving multiple business units.
- Prior experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, ability to accurately analyze information and make sound decisions
- Experience interacting with business and technical teams
- Strong project management skill set is required
- While prior financial services experience is not required, must possess a willingness to learn about the industry and how the work we do impacts our advisors
- Experience presenting content strategies to cross-functional teams and management
- A motivated team player. Self-reliant and able to work with limited supervision or direction.
- Process improvement skills – introducing solutions in streamlining processes to increase efficiency and productivity
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.