Digital Content ArchitectApply Job ID: R-005724 Date posted: 06/03/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
We are currently seeking a Digital Content Architect to join our Digital Strategy Team. This role will be an expert in digital content management capabilities and a key contributor to how we use digital content to solve customer and business needs. Success in this role will be based on an individual’s ability to: champion projects designed to improve LPL’s digital content management eco-system and partner with technology to deliver the vision; apply digital library science best practices such as metadata schemas and taxonomy to organize digital content libraries to meet the needs of both external and internal customers; ensure digital content can be delivered effectively through a variety of distribution channels such as digital search, AI chat, voice activated search and other modern digital tools.
The ideal candidate is someone who has a deep understanding of digital content management processes and tools and has demonstrated success organizing large content libraries to meet customer needs. This position is based in either Fort Mill, SC or San Diego, CA.
- Contribute to strategy for solving digital content management capability and digital content library organization needs, clearly articulating opportunities for improvement. Drive improvements thru both tactical and strategic initiatives.
- Lead the organization of content libraries through the creation and maintenance of metadata and taxonomies to meet current and future customer and business needs. Partner with technologists to execute requirements.
- Advance the use of metadata to support front-end customer experiences as well as to support back-end reporting.
- Develop, implement, and maintain guidelines and procedures for effective content organization; monitor adherence through continuous quality assurance processes.
- Develop expertise in current content management eco-system; identify opportunities for improvements and lead initiatives to deliver those improvements.
- Utilize input from customers, business partners, content writers, content strategists, user experience designers, SEO specialists, analysts and other content management team members to identify capability needs and drive solutions.
- Leverage insights gained through analytics and collaboration with partners to drive continuous improvement in content performance.
- Maintain expertise in digital content management tools currently available in the market; develop awareness of emerging capabilities.
- B.A. or B.S. in Digital Experience, Data Library Science, Information Management, Marketing, Communications or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in content management or digital experience related role at a major consulting firm, financial services institution, large retailer, news outlet or agency (or some combination of these experiences).
- Experience with content technologies such as content management systems, digital asset management systems, metadata and taxonomy management tools, content management migration tools, and analytics tools. Experience with Adobe tools a plus.
- Experience planning and developing structured metadata and content taxonomies for large content catalogs, and crafting information interactions across user experiences and analytics.
- Ability to build productive and reciprocal relationships with business partners, content strategists, user experience designers, SEO specialists, and CMS team to gain input and drive solutions that meet needs of multiple partners.
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking and practical organizational planning skills.
- Nimble and flexible with regards to changing priorities and business needs. Proven multi-tasking skills, ability to meet critical deadlines.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.