End User Computing EngineerApply Job ID: R-018909 Date posted: 11/15/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial is one of the nation's leading financial services companies and a publicly traded company under ticker symbol LPLA. We support over 19,000 financial professionals—including over 14,000 independent advisors, more than 700 financial institutions, and over 4,000 institutional clearing and technology subscribers. We enable advisors to focus on their clients by reducing the complexity of running their practice and we support their business by offering enabling technology, comprehensive clearing and compliance services, practice management programs and training, and independent research. At LPL, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients. And Technology is at the center of our mission.
The End User Computer (EUC) Engineer will be responsible for planning, configuring, testing, deploying, reporting on and supporting the corporate physical and virtual image (Mac and Windows OS), proprietary and 3rd party application packages, application and OS update/patch management (Mac and Windows OS) and physical and virtual configuration management solutions (SCCM, AirWatch, Intune, JAMF) and virtual technologies (Citrix, VMware, etc).
- Package, test, and deploy system and application updates/patches to the end-user environment
- Comprehensive administration of the physical and virtual environments
- Evaluate and test new hardware and software
- Provide Level 2 and Level 3 endpoint technical support in a primarily Microsoft Windows 10 environment
- Escalation support including VIP (executive) issues
- Maintain physical and virtual standards, knowledge base, operating procedures, guidelines and system documentation
- Create, maintain and administer standard corporate image, deployment, management, and monitoring capability
- Perform planning, design and implementation of physical and virtual hardware, software, and application upgrades and rollouts through physical and virtual management tools
- Provide systems / OS support for a large application portfolio
- Deliver assigned projects on time and within budget
- Research and evaluate physical and virtual capabilities and tools as required to ensure functionality is available to support business initiatives across the organization
- Build automation into daily processes to improve the Ease of Doing Business with ourselves
- Adhere to existing Change and Problem Management Processes
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 4+ years of experience with end user computing technical support in a Windows and Virtual environment
- 3+ years of SCCM 2012/2016 experience in an SCCM Administrator or End user computing Engineering role and 2+ years of experience with Active Directory and GPO management
- Must have established experience with physical and virtual image development to include deployment
- Must have application and OS patch management experience in a medium to large size corporate environment with multiple client sites preferred using tools such as SCCM, WSUS, and Intune
- Proficient troubleshooting skills with Windows OS/Office Suite including Windows 10 and Office 365 experience
- Application support experience (Windows/Mac OS) for a large application portfolio in an enterprise environment required
- Proficient with application virtualization and delivery using Citrix, VMWare, and similar VDI technologies
- Ability to provide exemplary high touch customer service skills, problem resolution, and support for internal customers and external advisors
- Demonstrable and adaptable scripting and development knowledge (PowerShell, VBScript, Batch, etc.)
- Strong business, technical and analytical abilities and ability to use advance problem solving to find answers for customer issues
- Self-starter with the ability to effectively work with minimal supervision
- Intermediate working knowledge of application packaging and deployment using programs and advertisements
- Ability to manage multiple end-user support and business as usual requests effectively
- Ability and willingness to work nights, weekends, and On-Call support
- Excellent work ethic; must be able and willing to be a productive, reliable, and collaborative team member with the One Team on One Mission mindset
- Experience with SCCM and Citrix virtual tools for patch deployments, tracking, reporting and remediation preferred
- Experience deploying, administering, and maintaining disk encryption technologies, preferably BitLocker
- Proficient with application packaging and distribution using tools such as AdminStudio or Wise
- Understanding of Security, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Proxy concepts is a plus
- Strong ability to strategize for the future and design technical solutions
- Experience in cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.