Engineer, Technology OpsApply Job ID: R-010494 Date posted: 07/13/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is the nation’s largest independent brokerage firm with more than 14,000 independent financial advisors in more than 4,000 branch offices nationwide. LPL Financial has been ranked the number one broker dealer in its class consistently over the past 10 years. Financially strong and growing, its corporate offices are in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill.
The Desktop Engineer will be responsible for planning, configuring, testing, deploying, reporting on and supporting the corporate desktop image (Mac and Windows OS), proprietary and 3rd party application packages, application and OS update/patch management (Mac and Windows OS) and desktop configuration management solutions (SCCM, AirWatch, Intune, Admin Studio).
- Package, test, and deploy system and application updates/patches to the end-user environment
- Comprehensive administration of the desktop environment
- Evaluate and test new hardware and software
- Provide Level 2 and Level 3 endpoint technical support in a primarily Microsoft Windows 10 environment
- Escalation support including VIP (executive) issues
- Maintain desktop standards, knowledge base, operating procedures, guidelines and system documentation
- Create, maintain and administer standard corporate image, deployment, management, and monitoring capability
- Perform planning, design and implementation of workstation hardware, software, and application upgrades and rollouts through SCCM
- Provide systems / OS support for a large application portfolio
- Deliver assigned projects on time and within budget
- Research and evaluate desktop capabilities and tools as required to ensure functionality is available to support business initiatives across the organization
- Build automation into daily processes to improve the Ease of Doing Business with ourselves
- Adhere to existing Change and Problem Management Processes
- 4+ years of experience with end user computing technical support in a Windows environment
- 3+ years of SCCM 2012/2016 experience in an SCCM Administrator or Desktop Engineering role
- 2+ years of experience with Active Directory and GPO management
- Must have established experience with desktop image development and image deployment
- Must have application and OS patch management experience in a medium to large size corporate environment with multiple client sites preferred using tools such as SCCM, WSUS, and Intune
- Intermediate working knowledge of application packaging and deployment using programs and advertisements
- Proficient troubleshooting skills with Windows OS/Office Suite including Windows 10 and Office 365 experience
- Application support experience (Windows/Mac OS) for a large application portfolio in an enterprise environment required
- Ability to provide exemplary high touch customer service skills, problem resolution, and support for internal customers and external advisors
- Demonstrable and adaptable scripting and development knowledge (PowerShell, VBScript, Batch, etc.)
- Strong business, technical and analytical abilities and ability to use advance problem solving to find answers for customer issues
- Self-starter with the ability to effectively work with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with ability to handle a wide variety of customer service situations
- Experience delivering SCCM and other related tool solutions for patch deployments, tracking, reporting and remediation preferred
- Experience deploying, administering, and maintaining disk encryption technologies, preferably BitLocker
- Proficient with application packaging and distribution using tools such as AdminStudio
- Proficient with application virtualization and delivery using VMWare, Citrix and similar VDI technologies
- Understanding of Security, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP concepts is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple end-user support and business as usual requests effectively
- Strong ability to strategize for the future and design technical solutions
- Ability and willingness to work nights, weekends, and on-call support
- Excellent work ethic; must be able and willing to be a productive, reliable, and collaborative team member with the One Team on One Mission mindset
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here!
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here.