We are currently looking to hire engineers to provide support for business applications and middleware platforms. These positions reside in the Application Operations team.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Enhance and act upon monitors and alerts for middleware platforms and business applications
• Maintain documentation for use in internal/external audits
• Collaborate closely with other operations, network, system, platform engineering and application development teams
• Understand business context and impact associated with service outages and continually looking for ways to improve service reliability for our business
• Ensure technological compliance with all best common practices, standard operating procedures, and corporate goals
• Provide for on-call technical support
• Troubleshoot issues to resolution of any problems with middleware platforms and business applications in all environments
• Participate and/or lead root cause analysis
• Review and influence the design of middleware infrastructure components that are standards based, highly performant, highly available, and comply with operational standards and procedures
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, or another technical field preferred. Comparable work experience will be considered.
• Minimum of three years of experience with middleware or related technology in a development or support capacity
• Excellent documentation and communication skills.
Specific Skills & Qualifications:
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to perform in-depth root cause analysis required
• Experience providing mission-critical production support in a 24/7 environment required
• Very strong communication skills required
• Experience configuring monitoring systems strongly desired
• Some hands-on experience with application integration architecture, including Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and messaging systems desired
• Experience configuring F5 LTM, including the creation/modification of iRules desired
• Working knowledge of API management, SQL Server, Tibco, Mulesoft, Liferay, Tableau, ELK or IBM Datapower configuration desired
• ITIL Certification desired
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.