Events & Conferences PlannerApply Job ID: R-008222 Date posted: 11/20/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Job Description: Our fast-paced Conference Experiences team is seeking a detail-oriented Conference and Event Planner to support planning phases of assigned corporate client business meetings, tradeshows, social/VIP events, travel initiatives, and incentive programs.
The Conference and Event Planner will need to be vigilant with deadlines, details, and multi-tasking, and will need to maintain focus and professionalism throughout the event planning process. He/she will work cross functionally on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Support conference leads on coordination of client-facing conferences; lead assigned conferences as necessary.
- Coordinate attendee registration and reporting with travel partner support, transportation, speaker coordination, audio-visual needs, food and beverage, VIP management, promotional communications, on-site support, post-event evaluations and reporting, and other logistics as needed.
- Manage communication and coordination of our sponsor partners’ registration and tradeshow logistics at conferences.
- Understand how to leverage available resources internally and externally to successfully plan and execute events.
- Work with conference lead and business unit owners to develop an understanding of core messages and different audiences at each event.
- Develop and manage multiple projects, milestones/deadlines, and key deliverables as it relates to each event assigned.
- Support large and complex event-related projects to ensure expected outcomes are delivered on time and on budget.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to support project goals and to enhance planning processes.
- Ability to navigate roadblocks and provide thoughtful solutions.
- Extensive phone/email interaction with clients, internal and external partners.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required (prefer focus in Event Planning, Hospitality, Marketing, or similar)
- Minimum of 1-3 years of meeting planning experience at a hotel, association, corporation, DMC, or similar
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong understanding of event planning, operations, and marketing; experience in the financial sector a plus
- Autonomous worker with the ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high stress environment
- Excellent problem solving skills with an exceptional attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability to unexpected demands a must
- Superior business written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work across all levels in an organization
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with Ariba a plus
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Resourceful, self-motivated, enthusiastic
- High level of tact and diplomacy
- Grace under pressure and a sense of humor
- Demonstration of honesty, openness, and integrity
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.