EVP, Head of National Sales Field DevelopmentApply Job ID: R-002024 Date posted: 01/31/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of National Sales Field Development is accountable for leading and executing all external business development activities and supporting overall strategic and business objectives/goals. With accountability for ~35 regionally based employees, this individual will be responsible for creating and executing strategy to drive new store sales growth through the actions of a highly engaged team.
LPL is seeking an accomplished, highly energetic and metrics-driven executive with a proven track record of driving new sales. This role will help define the sales culture and be responsible for building and managing a highly talented team to drive new business within the existing base and exceed sales goals.
This leader will be skilled in engaging in high-level strategic discussions with business leaders, Advisors, and the executive team. Additionally they must understand, utilize, and stay current with industry best practices, financial markets, the regulatory environment, and the competitive landscape to optimize results. This role will be exposed to all facets of the business and will need to continually learn and develop within their own role as well as gain a greater understanding of the corporate structure and functions.
- Establishes the strategic direction for business development efforts, including territory optimization, pipeline development, forecast management, KPIs and metrics, budgets and training.
- Motivates, directs and monitors the activities of ~ 35 person team, including a team of sales managers. Ensures all company strategy and objectives are clearly understood and aggressively pursued.
- Oversees and ensures the established sales system is adopted and utilized by all recruiters.
- Assists with complex negotiations, presentations and sales.
- Capitalizes on new business development opportunities through analysis and strategic planning and by leveraging LPL’s management system.
- Helps shape the business intelligence, lead generation and marketing around all business development opportunities.
- Collaborates with various corporate teams including finance, legal, marketing and executive management.
- Possesses strong executive presence with the ability to interact and influence Senior Management.
- Prepares and presents materials to Board of Directors in a compelling and professional manner.
- Leads weekly Business Development meetings and provides updates on activities, leads, and new deals to senior leadership.
- Promotes goals and objectives of the company at conferences, trade shows, and other industry meetings.
“Must Have” Qualifications:
- Minimum of 20 years of progressive roles in sales and sales management
- Minimum of 5 years of senior sales leadership of a complex, large-scale, subscription-based platform services multi-market business-to-business team of at least 30 external sales staff.
- Extensive knowledge of the wealth management business.
- Successful track record in taking a highly successful, market-leading sales organization through a transformative period, resulting in major productivity and efficiency improvements.
- Strong record of leading programmatic discipline in sales processes and integrating new technologies while maintaining a strong “esprit de corps” in the field.
- Market leading knowledge of bleeding edge technology tools, including big data driven predictive analytics, and the ability to bring the whole organization along to quick and productive adoption of these tools and processes.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished executive with progressive leadership in the areas of business development. This individual plays a crucial role in increasing the business by acquiring new clients and establishing productive and profitable relationships, providing strategic direction to the business, leading all the business development activities.
In keeping with this company’s culture, this executive must be a hands-on, dynamic leader whose track record buys immediate credibility across a diverse business. Just as importantly, this person must be the consummate communicator, able to influence and build meaningful relationships outside of the Business Development function and across all levels of the enterprise.
This candidate must be able to anticipate future consequences and trends, articulate credible pictures and vision of possibilities, to create competitive and even game changing strategies and plans.
Demonstrates these key competencies:
Driven to results – Known for being an executive who sees the big picture, anticipates future consequences and trends while leading execution. Has strong industry knowledge and perspective for creating competitive and breakthrough strategies, exceeding team goals. Consistently a top performer who is bottom line oriented, laser focused on goals, and pushes self and their team for results. This individual will leverage the company established management system, ensuring adoption throughout their team.
Strategizing and decision making – Is seen as an individual who utilizes and leverages both internal and external market data/metrics to increase volume and profitability of sales. Leverages KPIs to understand what’s happening in the business and to build fact bases to guide decision making. Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answer, resolving roadblocks with a lens towards the future. Leverages diverse viewpoints to creatively frame and solve problems.
Managing Talent – This leader will build and create a strong talent base of new leaders with technical expertise and people management focus, creating a broad followership while, providing calm in the face of chaos. Sets clear objectives and measures, assigns responsibilities, monitors process, progress and results, designs feedback loops. Coaches for performance, consistently recognizes value and contribution of others, supports and develops through ambiguous and disruptive situations.
Leading organizational agility – A strong leader with the ability to quickly navigate formal channels, working with and through others directly and indirectly, building relationships, able to drive and adapt to change quickly and often with the ability to quickly navigate formal channels both internally and externally. Diligently working with and through others directly and indirectly, driving and adapting to change quickly and often.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.