Executive Administrative AssistantApply Job ID: R-006237 Date posted: 05/29/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
We are currently looking to hire an Executive Administrative Assistant within the Independent Advisor Services (IAS) Business Consulting department. This position will primarily provide support to the Executive Vice President and secondarily, support for up to two Senior Vice Presidents (SVPs) as well as the overall needs of the department.
For the Executive Vice President (EVP), the individual will provide executive administrative support, with primary responsibilities of managing heavy travel, scheduling meetings and events, maintaining calendars and files, preparing presentations and other documents, and other special projects. This individual will interact with our advisors and other executives in the firm and will need to be extremely detail-oriented, responsible, reliable, diligent, service-oriented, and personable.
For the SVPs, this individual will primarily schedule meetings and prepare expense reports. In support of the overall department, responsibilities will include (but not limited to) coordinating large team meetings, assisting with visiting guests, ensuring items are ordered, and other needs.
- Handle all day-to-day responsibilities for the executive they support while being able to assist with administrative tasks for the rest of the team.
- Calendar all meetings and keep EVP current with any changes; provide materials and order food/beverages where applicable.
- Heavy travel coordination: arranging all aspects of travel including air, lodging, and transportation in conjunction with the corporate travel department and ensuring all details are situated with advisors the EVP is visiting
- Management of expenses: organize receipts and input in Concur in a timely manner to ensure meeting billing schedule.
- Serve as a go-to resource for the team
- Work professionally with senior executives and clients, think and work independently, be proactive, handle confidential information and work effectively and efficiently
- Minimum of 6+ years’ experience in an executive assistant role
- Extensive experience and comfort working with high-level executives. This is a high visibility position.
- Exceptional travel arrangement experience
- Financial Services industry experience is a plus
- Exceptional knowledge of all Microsoft applications: Excel, Outlook, Word. (MS Office Certification or equivalent operating knowledge preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint with the ability to translate information into executive-level presentations
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment. This person will Interact with peers, senior managers, and other staff in their department.
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Must be proactive in meeting and exceeding needs of leader and handle confidential information
- Previous project management experience preferred, but not required
- A helpful, respectful and personable approach to client and coworker interactions
- Personal pride in delivering exceptional experiences to clients and coworkers
Partnering on all levels with other Executive Assistants for a cohesive environment, ensuring department-wide events are carried out successfully (including but not limited to Town Halls, Quarterly Business Reviews, employee engagement events)
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.