Executive Recruiting Manager, AVP Talent AcquisitionApply Job ID: R-006000 Date posted: 03/07/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial, one of the nations largest independent broker dealer is growing and needs a strong executive recruiter to help scale by identifying and recruiting top talent to fill our c-suite roles. There is no greater reward in recruiting than seeing candidates you have placed have a significant, positive impact on the business.
The Executive Recruiting Manager/AVP Talent Acquisition is responsible for the quality and effectiveness of the executive talent acquisition process and implementing strategies to identify, attract, and hire high quality managing directors, partners, principals and “C” suite executives. This is a highly visible role that requires the ability to partner and build effective relationships at all levels to ensure an efficient and successful recruitment process. The Executive Recruiting Manager has specific responsibility for a variety of recruiting-related activities including candidate sourcing, recruiting, interviewing, tracking and reporting information. Proper execution of this role requires strong persuasive skills and a high degree of confidence. A successful individual will be comfortable with high levels of ambiguity – they will possess a unique ability to anticipate hurdles and react accordingly in an expeditious manner. This role requires someone with a high bar for excellence and a quick study on identifying what’s important to others. Mastery of candidate development, client development and closing to a decision is a must in this role.
This role will deliver results by:
- Partner with research firms to develop research and sourcing strategies to ensure we meet or exceed or hiring goals while proactively building a diverse pipeline of top talent.
- Calibrating candidates with hiring managers
- Collaborate closely with human resources to forecast hiring needs, identify internal talent for open roles, and ensure smooth onboarding for new hires.
- Developing those prospects into candidates, engaging them and performing initial assessment
- Continually contributing to the knowledge base of the group by providing education on industries and talent pools/profiles
- Building out talent networks in certain functions/industries and tapping knowledgeable industry sources to develop an initial pool of candidates
- Participating in client update meetings on active searches and preparing reports
- Shadowing/performing on-site interviews and debriefs
- Providing strategic guidance and advice in a true partnership with executive leadership
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the full-life cycle recruiting process from collaborating with hiring partner on open job requisition to candidate fill.
- Manage the delivery of all areas of recruitment process including sourcing, screening, scheduling, interviewing, assessment, extending candidate offers and creating executive branding and onboarding material.
- Devise and carry out a targeted search strategy and utilize direct sourcing for senior level partner and managing directors.
- Develop creative recruiting methods to minimize the use of retained search but where necessary, manage and coordinate recruitment efforts with retained recruitment vendors and negotiate contracts and fee arrangements based on firm practices and procedures.
- Drive a complex partner and managing director recruiting and admissions process, working closely with candidates, internal stakeholders and hiring partners to help ensure the process is both thorough and efficient.
- Engage in client-facing strategic partnering with national, market, service, and industry leaders with respect to the firm’s human capital
- Maintain compliance with established recruitment and hiring procedures.
- Coach and train hiring partners on interviewing selection techniques and offer guidance and facilitate the negotiation process through to its completion.
- Build and manage critical relationships with key firm leaders, internal business partners, and retained search firms to source and recruit executive-level talent while maintaining the highest levels of integrity and professionalism.
- Track and identify prospective candidates using a variety of channels.
- Assess candidates to ensure qualification match, cultural fit and compatibility and present shortlisted candidates and provide detailed profile summaries.
- Follow up with hiring partners and assist with the candidate’s transition and onboarding process.
- Network and build long-lasting client relationships acting as an ambassador to the firm.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Human Resources, Psychology, a related field or professional equivalency.
- Eight plus years of broad and diversified recruiting experience, ideally at a retained executive search firm.
- Experience servicing clients in the field of retained search or consulting is a plus.
- Specific network strength in the industries of Financial Services is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and acquire talent in the areas of Cyber Security, Digital Innovation, and Regulatory Compliance Risk is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated effective and professional interaction with top level executives.
- Experience in developing and executing a recruiting strategy, implementing best practices in recruiting, developing a recruiting team, and demonstrated ability to lead others by example.
- Extensive knowledge of employment law and hiring practices, behaviorally based interview techniques, tracking processes for applicants and open positions, and metrics.
- Extensive hands-on experience with all aspects of the recruiting life cycle including direct sourcing, interviewing and assessment, offer negotiation, and client management.
- Skilled researcher and sourcing skills.
- The ability to establish priorities, manage deadlines, exercise a high degree of professionalism in interactions with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Attributes that include a strong client service mentality, detail orientation, a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Excellent communications skills – both verbal and written.
- Full proficiency with MS - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Prior Executive Talent Acquisition experience in professional services, boutique consulting or retained search is preferred.
- Workday application tracking system knowledge strongly preferred.
- CIR, ACIR, PHR, or SPHR, a plus.
- Agency search experience as a client is a plus.
- Professional Services experience a plus.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for LPL leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Develops great people - is an admired peer & mentor.
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of herself/hisself
- Thinks big and has conviction
- Results oriented
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• Occasional Travel is required.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.