Fraud AnalystApply Job ID: R-005169 Date posted: 11/26/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Analyst - Fraud Operations
The Fraud Analyst role will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing underlying data gathered to assess reasonable cause to escalate an inquiry related to fraud. The data would be accompanied by full documentation, supporting artifacts to include internal and external due diligence checks as well as a business case justification. The Analyst will work primarily at an individual level, but will collaborate closely with members of the financial intelligence unit (FIU); Compliance, Legal, and Risk (CLR), service trading and operations (STO) risk personnel as well as key business partners.
- Ability to analyze large data sets and find the commonalities
- Monitoring existing fraud models/strategies and ensuring that they meet false-positive and detection rate criteria; explains variances and recommends remedial actions; mine customer, account and transaction data to develop segmentation to improve fraud detection and minimize impact to legitimate transactions
- Strong partnership with fraud detection effectively managing the oversight of workflow queue alert prioritization and effectiveness based on ROI
- Ensuring that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Risk Management Framework and internal LPL Financial Policies and Policy Standards
- Developing, implementing, monitoring and providing performance tracking of transaction and account level management of fraud strategies and fraud mitigation tools, including monetary and non-monetary events
- Conducting ongoing analysis to identify root cause of fraud trends
- Collaborating with other Fraud teams to deliver requirements for implementation of new fraud strategies
- Effectively managing competing priorities of requests working under strict deliverable
- Ability to identify gaps or risk in policies along with the technical skills to create reporting
- Managing existing operational policies and procedures as well as the creation of new guidelines to more accurately identify and document fraud, fraud prevention and the like
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Accounting/Finance and/or equivalent experience preferred
- Professional licenses/certifications (e.g. CFE or CAMS,); a plus
- 1 – 3 years of industry experience (preferably in Fraud Investigations)
- Experience with Equifax, LexisNexis, TransUnion or other information security providers a plus
- High level of analytical skills and problem-solving
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements (preferably AML / Fraud)
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Assist Senior Analysts where necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present information in differing degrees of details and form depending on the audience
- Strong judgment and experience with escalation of matters and recommended solutions
Able to adapt to changing priorities with attention to detail and quality assurance
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.