Fraud AnalystApply Job ID: R-020229 Date posted: 01/07/2022 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Fraud Analyst – Cash Mgmt
Analyst –Operations is responsible for the receipt, deposit, disbursement and quality control of all money movement. The Fraud Analyst role will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing underlying data gathered to assess reasonable cause to escalate an inquiry related to fraud. The data would be accompanied by full documentation, supporting artifacts to include internal and external due diligence checks as well as a business case justification. The Analyst will work primarily at an individual level, but will partner closely with members of the financial intelligence unit (FIU); governance risk and compliance (GRC), service trading and operations (STO) risk personnel as well as key business partners.
- Evaluating and editing existing operational policies and procedures to more accurately identify and document fraud, fraud prevention and the like
- Assist in the creation and management of case files for fraud investigations
- Use data analysis to help cash management develop a more proactive and anticipatory approach to fraud prevention
- Ensure ongoing analysis of risks, vulnerabilities and market trends as it pertains to fraud
- Ability to determine potential impact and risk (e.g. operational risk, financial risk, reputational risk, etc.)
- Assist in benchmarking fraud prevention effectiveness against industry standards and peer firms
- Collaborate within the team to implement initiatives and projects sponsored and approved by management
- Assist in providing internal training on the Firm’s fraud prevention and awareness programs, policies and procedures
- Field inquiries from financial advisors, members of service and/or operational areas related to fraud, fraud prevention, case files with the utmost emphasis on safety and security of information
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Accounting/Finance and/or equivalent experience preferred
- Professional licenses/certifications (e.g. FINRA Series 7, 24 or CAMS,); a plus
- 1 – 3 years of industry experience (preferably in financial services (broker-dealer))
- Experience with Equifax, LexisNexis, TransUnion or other information security providers a plus
- High level of analytical skills and problem-solving
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements (preferably AML / Fraud)
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Assist Senior Analysts where necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present information in differing degrees of details and form depending on the audience
- Strong judgment and experience with escalation of matters and recommended solutions
Able to adapt to changing priorities with attention to detail and quality assurance
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.