Head of Data Strategy and GovernanceApply Job ID: R-012166 Date posted: 12/07/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Market Intelligence, Data & Analytic Solutions (MIDAS) business unit is an entrepreneurial, high-performing group focused on building out LPL’s insights, data and analytic capabilities. Key focus areas include strengthening the use of our data and insights as a strategic asset, ensuring strong data quality/governance, and integrating analytics-based solutions into our firm’s DNA and the products our clients utilize every day.
The Senior Vice President of Data Strategy and Governance is a newly created leadership role that reports into the Executive Vice President of Data, Analytics and Innovation. This leadership position will play an integral role in defining the data strategy and governance across LPL.
Are you passionate for rallying teams together to solve complex data challenges in the financial services industry? Would you like to drive business value by envisioning data-enabled strategies and establishing data governance across the organization?
Have you been successful in team development, coaching/mentoring and providing timely feedback; use situational leadership to manage employees through career growth and development? Do you look at problems and decisions from multiple perspectives; considers new and better ways to do things? Have you developed creative solutions to address business problems?
The Senior Vice President of Data Strategy and Governance is responsible for creating and institutionalizing data strategy, policies, processes, toolsets, and organizational structures that will enable enterprise level governance and the full realization of data as a strategic company asset.
• Manage a team of data and analytics governance leaders and senior information management professionals in different regions or business units
• Define, manage and advance enterprise information management principles, policies and programs for stewardship, advocacy and custodianship of data and analytics
• Foster data-driven culture and the creation of related competencies and data literacy across the organization
• Partner closely with colleagues in Technology to help manage data engineering and technology resources for ETL development
• Identify new types and sources of data to enable business innovation and across the organization
• Establish and define the vision, goals, and objective for information lifecycle management and ensures stakeholder alignment on priorities, implementation, and governance
• Act as final reviewer and administrator for enterprise-wide master data management and metadata management efforts (data definitions, processes, tools, strategy, etc.)
• Work with key partners in Digital, Privacy, Security, Technology & Analytics functions to execute data access priorities and ensure proper controls are established
• Engage with the industry to learn about standard methodologies, gain insightful competitive and regulatory intelligence to help in building excellence in our governance initiatives
• Drive data quality metrics across the organization
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
• Spend 50% of your time meeting and forming alliances with key business stakeholders to explain the role and how it can help them meet their business-critical key performance indicators (KPIs)
• Define and communicate specific, measurable, actionable, realistic and time-bound objectives (SMART), and establish tracking mechanisms to check when you have achieved the goals.
• Identify information-focused roles where ever they are in the company and consider whether they should be virtually or actually part of the office
What are we looking for?
• We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement
• 12+ years of experience in information (data) lifecycle management and/or financial reporting environment, including experience in creating business value with data governance, data quality, meta data strategy, and data policies
• Demonstrated experience in developing strategy, policies, and procedures, as well as successfully executing programs that meet or exceed business expectations
• Strategic Consulting experience highly preferred
• Experience and passion around team development, coaching/mentoring and providing timely feedback; use situational leadership to manage employees through career growth and development
• Ability to create streamlined, documented processes and support guides for stakeholder to operate efficiently
• Bachelor’s degree in Applied Sciences (Math, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, etc.); advanced degree preferred
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.