Senior Product Manager, Advisory PlatformsApply Job ID: R-002677 Date posted: 06/08/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Product Management team within LPL’s Investor & Investment Solutions (IIS) group is responsible for delivering a highly competitive set of investment solutions. This division within IIS product management focuses on product execution and product processes. The focus of this role will be on the Advisory Platform product offering which includes pricing, platform experience, building product policies/procedures and executing on our strategic product roadmap. Product managers in this unit work on executing the items prioritized by our Product Strategy divisions, managing and standardizing processes and maintaining product kits. This is a fluid product management team focused on building efficiency, being accountable and executing outcomes cross functionally. Individuals in this role must have a full understanding of, and ability to explain, all business aspects of our products/platforms and must be able to work with numerous business units across the firm. The teams’ goal is to leverage the strengths of our existing model, enhance the capabilities we offer our advisors and execute with excellence.
This role will be responsible for regular product management activities, product governance and the delivery of enhancements to LPL’s advisory product platforms.
Key Traits and Skills
- Motivated operator
- Data-driven decision making
- Planning and organization
- Infrastructure acumen
- Resource optimizer
- Client-centric thinking
- Investment product knowledge
- Advisory Platform and financial systems experience
- Project and initiative management experience
- Participate in and drive components of platform enhancements
- Execution of roadmaps and initiatives with a full delivery of timeline calendars and fluid prioritization
- Examples of initiatives could be; streamlining billing, client reporting, program mergers, improving system productivity, creating product training, writing program manuals and solving complex issues
- Partner with the:
- Product and Corporate Strategy teams on the direction of our roadmap and setting priority
- Risk and compliance teams with respect to investment policies and regulatory issues
- Operations and technology teams for platform experience enhancements
- Communication & Adoption teams on implementation
- Create processes for the consistent collection of feedback, tracking of metrics, enhancements of product governance and continually create organizational report outs
- Efficiently manage standardized product procedures
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the financial services industry
- Knowledgeable on the advisory platform landscape, products / product trends and industry regulation
- Product management experience associated with evaluating decisions, execution on projects and problem solving
- Must possess highly-tactical skills and the ability to execute
- Ability to analyze complex issues with a focus on system integration and ease of doing business for a financial advisor
- FINRA Series 7/66 preferred
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.