IIS Product Manager AnalystApply Job ID: R-002785 Date posted: 04/23/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
The Investor and Investment Solutions (IIS) organization is expanding its product management team and currently hiring an Analyst for our Central Services team to drive the management and execution of our Product onboarding process.
This role will lead the enhancement our internal and external clients’ experience by implementing a central product onboarding structure and process as well as establishing uniform dependencies and standards.
This role will be responsible for thought leadership and management pertaining to the execution and processes of the onboarding phases across all products (Mutual Funds, SMAs, Alternative Investments, and Annuities), improving the tracking process of the Onboarding operational setup phase, helping to streamline and identify communication gaps with internal and external partners. The role will work closely with Product, Sponsor Relations, Research, Service/Trading, Operations and Legal/Risk teams, and other cross company departments as well as external partners.
This position requires a strong knowledge of the LPL Product landscape. It also requires the ability to prioritize well, a high degree of process acumen, as well as service and follow-through with internal stakeholders and external partners. Additionally, it partners closely with subject matter experts of various internal business units and will be responsible for maintaining a centralized onboarding dashboard to help streamline the current process.
The position requires a candidate with a project management or paralegal like background who can think independently, creatively problem-solve, and develop innovative solutions that drive to an improved process. This role requires the ability to operate in partnership with other teams within IIS and across the enterprise.
As a Senior Analyst, the individual is responsible for working with all levels of internal subject matter experts as well as external sponsors on a wide range of projects including filings, document production and review in connection with Product onboarding.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Act as a liaison between multiple LPL Business Units to ensure all onboarding stages (Due Diligence, Contracting, Operational Setup) are accurately documented and tracked appropriately.
- Assist in creating and implementing best practices
- Coordinate the onboarding progression from start to finish with internal and external participants
- Maintaining and updating database of pending SLAs
- Help team members with onboarding inquiries and appropriately redirect requests to other business units.
- Correspond with Third Party Managers, Sponsor firms and internal business units both in writing and verbally.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability when supporting multiple workflows and processes.
- Assist with the development and delivery of a centralized Onboarding Dashboard
- Building effective business partnerships and relationships with peers internally and externally.
- Bachelor's degree or a minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize / monitor workload to meet SLA’s, and collaborate across multiple business units
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products is a must.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail is required.
- Must be able to handle competing priorities in a fast paced, high profile and rapidly evolving environment.
- Exceptional communication, including strong oral and writing skills.
- Must demonstrate a professional demeanor when corresponding with internal and external partners.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.