IIS VP, Product ManagementApply Job ID: R-008599 Date posted: 01/26/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Investor and Investment Solutions (IIS) organization is expanding its product management team and currently hiring a product leader to drive the management and execution of advisor-facing technology products, tools and capabilities. This effort will also include integration across the LPL ecosystem as well as with external vendors who will support components of these capabilities. This role must exude a passion for product management in a manner that results in the utmost satisfaction of our Advisors and their clients. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of our competitive landscape, understand the needs of our advisors, how they service their customer base and be comfortable driving outcomes across broad cross functional teams.
The candidate for this role will be required to leverage their knowledge and skill set to work with our advisors and internal teams to deliver the technology and workflows that enable LPL to continuously improve our advisors’ experience by ultimately providing them with capabilities that allows will them to manage their business more efficiently and productively. Collaboration with internal business partners will be critical to ensure that these capabilities are delivered in a manner that captures our customer’s insights into how they manage business, maximizes our business objectives, and meets all regulatory requirements.
• Drives the creation and maintenance of the product roadmap and portfolio. Works with a diverse group of cross-functional teams in a process-driven manner to ensure creative and continuous improvements – with the goal of exciting our advisor base, leading the market, and attracting additional business
• Drive insights and practical recommendations from feedback from advisors, internal stakeholders and key partners across the enterprise
• Support management team in in providing executive level updates, improvement recommendations and enable the development of new growth opportunities
• Passion for driving the Advisor and Investor experience and ability to persuade others to share this vision, collaborate and execute.
• 7-10+ years of experience in product management related roles, preferably within a broker-dealer, RIA, investment or financial services firm
• 5+ years of developing, cultivating and leading strong, high-performing teams in an agile environment
• Flexibility and organizational change management experience
• The ability to work in a cross-functional team and drive outcomes without having direct authority
• Effective communication skills, both written and oral, with ability to present materials to the highest levels in the organization and serve as one of the recognized subject matter experts on the team
• Demonstrate business acumen and the ability to interact with senior leaders, including developing, presenting and gaining approval on any business cases and funding requests needed to further drive the execution of the Grouping roadmap
• Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities and evaluate results against established objectives
• Actively anticipates, identifies and manages risks within position scope and at the company
• Expert consensus builder who drives change across initiatives within and outside direct accountability and evaluates solutions to the most complex business challenges
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.