Information Security Business ConsultantApply Job ID: R-010101 Date posted: 05/20/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
An Associate Vice President (AVP) of Business Consulting reports to the Information Security and Technology Risk department. This is a highly collaborative role where you will be working with product managers and project teams to challenge conventional approaches in search of better ways to manage information security risks and enable successful business outcomes. You see security as an enabler and differentiator to empower the business through innovation and product development. This position will work with the business to analyze and interpret risks and/or issue results to help product and business partners understand implications and determine appropriate corrective actions.
- Partner with product teams and business partners to understand their vision, objectives and opportunities for strategic alignment
- Work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the information security and business worlds
- Guide products from conception to launch by integrating information security into product development and facilitating cross functional meetings to develop collaborative risk remediation plans.
- Articulate cybersecurity objectives for business leadership to inform prioritized risk reduction
- Effectively communicate the impact of cybersecurity gaps to multiple audiences, encouraging remediation activities to enhance their cybersecurity posture
- Identify key risks and understand risk tolerance in order to identify solutions and provide guidance
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and adhering to policy
- Actively engages with senior leaders to address, identify and/or escalate security concerns and emerging risks
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in Technical Product Management with emphasis in Security and/or Privacy
- 6+ years or more of experience in information security, technology risk or audit related role
- CRISC, CISA, CISM or CISSP certification, a plus
- Passion for addressing and solving security and privacy issues
- Familiarity with software and/or hardware application development life cycles
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and regulations across a large, complex business
- Good listening, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff and management
- Financial services industry experience preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.