Insurance Operations Specialist, Contracts & LicensingApply Job ID: R-004927 Date posted: 11/06/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Our Insurance Operations Specialist of Contracts & Licensing is responsible for the processing of contracting and appointment paperwork for the financial advisor at the carrier level. The primary goal of our Contracts & Licensing Specialist is to see that all Life, Long-Term Care and Disability Insurance appointment requests are processed in a timely and efficient matter and that all internal systems are updated to reflect this information.
- Analyze and process contracting and appointment requests as received from financial advisors via email and/or fax. Use industry experience, knowledge and research to identify any “red flags” that may prevent the financial advisor from becoming contracted and/or appointed within a reasonable timeframe.
- Identify additional information needed for an advisor to become contracted and appointed with insurance carrier. Work with carriers and financial advisors to retrieve any outstanding required information and documentation.
- Submit all contracting and appointment requests to the insurance carriers via their preferred method (email, fax, etc.) and follow up to ensure receipt and processing.
- Maintain group email inbox (respond to advisor and carrier initial and follow up requests) while maintaining service level agreements that are in place for contracts and licensing. Respond to all emails and voicemails promptly (within 24 hours) and communicate with carriers and advisors. Perform all functions of the role through execution of the LPL Success Factors.
- Participate in projects, as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED required, Associate's or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years’ experience as a contracts and licensing specialist or equivalent work experience with a Life Insurance Agency or Insurance Carrier
- Life Insurance license preferred
- Intermediate to advanced in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Access a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Relationship building skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Customer service mentality
- Excellent problem solving skills are required
- Must have very strong PC/keyboard skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, and ever-changing work environment
- Handle sensitive and confidential information, work independently as well as work within a team
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.