Intern, Operations SpecialistApply Job ID: R-002420 Date posted: 03/02/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Operations Specialist Intern will support the Operations department, which is a part of LPL’s Service, Trading and Operations (STO) organization and is the largest LPL Financial business unit. This position will be responsible for reconciling, processing and statusing of transfers. Provide outstanding service while acting as a resource to internal and external business partners handling escalated items, and assisting with information distribution.
- Review, research, reconcile and/or process transfer requests and be able to expedite requests within the service level expectations. Must be able to work at computer workstation for the majority of the day. Attention to detail and problem solving skills are extremely important.
- Effectively communicate verbal and written pertinent information to Financial Advisors and contra firms on the status of the transfer requests/fails or any additional requirements that may be needed to complete the transfer.
- The qualified candidate must be able to handle inbound and outbound calls and display utmost professionalism.
- Assists with questions from internal departments and Service Center as well as assisting with information distribution to various internal and external business partners.
- Ensures proper application of and compliance with internal and regulatory standards, guidelines and procedures
Other Duties/Skill Requirements
- Working toward a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting
- Effective communication
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and consistency
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Experience in all Microsoft applications, particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
4707 Executive Drive, San Diego, CA 92121
Internship starts 6/4 through 8/10
Monday through Friday 8-4:30, Full Time 40 hours a week
Skills & Qualifications
Active enrollment in Bachelor’s degree program, approaching your senior year, as well as a minimum GPA of 2.5. Pursuing a degree in Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting is highly desired.
When applying please attach a copy of your unofficial transcripts, resume and cover letter stating why you are interested in our internship position and what makes you a strong applicant. We’ll be in contact quickly to let you know if your application has been successful and what the next steps will be. Thanks for your interest!
What You'll Do
Our competitive 10 week paid graduate internship is an unparalleled opportunity to develop as a leader while sharpening your skills. The aim of our internship program is to provide students a valuable workplace experience to enhance their educational and professional goals. The projects that you drive during the summer will be tailored to your interests and will strategically affect change at our company. You will also have the chance to develop a deeper understanding of our culture and core values though career workshops, senior executive interactions, and community involvement opportunities.
We're looking for goal-oriented people who thrive in a fast-paced team environment and are eager to apply their problem solving skills to real business challenges. We empower employees to transform their skills, interests and connections into meaningful, collaborative solutions that work for the good of all of our stakeholders – our colleagues, customers and communities.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.