Intern, Technology Risk ManagementApply Job ID: R-002424 Date posted: 03/02/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Technology Risk Management Intern will serve as a team member supporting the risk management lifecycle via interaction with Technology process owners.The role functions as an assistant to the team, overseeing the completion of assigned tasks encompassing all aspects of risk assessment performance.
- Support the Senior Analyst in all aspects of the Technology Risk Assessment process including documentation, research, and reporting
- Document the Risk Assessment process holistically including how to use related tools
- Perform research of process, risks, and controls as they relate to the Risk Assessment by working with other team members and Technology process owners
- Produce periodic reporting of status for delivery to Technology leadership, including the CISO
- Help load and configure Risk Assessment tools to meet the needs of the department
- Set up and attendance at applicable meetings with stakeholders in the Risk Assessment process and take actionable notes
- Help validate Technology identified risks, controls, and findings through the Risk Assessment process
- Development, distribution and maintenance of program metrics
Other Duties/Skill Requirements
- Working toward a Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Cyber Defense, Computer Science preferred.
- Effective communication
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and consistency
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Experience in all Microsoft applications, particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
4707 Executive Drive, San Diego, CA 92121
Internship starts 6/4 through 8/10
Monday through Friday 8-4:30
Average Hours Per Week
Skills & Qualifications
Active enrollment in Bachelor’s degree program, approaching your senior year, as well as a minimum GPA of 2.5. Pursuing a degree in Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Cyber Defense, Computer Science preferred.
When applying please attach a copy of your unofficial transcripts, resume and cover letter stating why you are interested in our internship position and what makes you a strong applicant. We’ll be in contact quickly to let you know if your application has been successful and what the next steps will be. Thanks for your interest!
What You'll Do
Our competitive 10 week paid graduate internship is an unparalleled opportunity to develop as a leader while sharpening your skills. The aim of our internship program is to provide students a valuable workplace experience to enhance their educational and professional goals. The projects that you drive during the summer will be tailored to your interests and will strategically affect change at our company. You will also have the chance to develop a deeper understanding of our culture and core values though career workshops, senior executive interactions, and community involvement opportunities.
We're looking for goal-oriented people who thrive in a fast-paced team environment and are eager to apply their problem solving skills to real business challenges. We empower employees to transform their skills, interests and connections into meaningful, collaborative solutions that work for the good of all of our stakeholders – our colleagues, customers and communities.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.