Internal Consultant - InsuranceApply Job ID: R-006224 Date posted: 05/08/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The primary purpose of the Internal Sales Consultant, Life Insurance is to support activities that drive success for LPL Financial Advisors within the assigned territory. This is achieved by providing support of the various insurance products such as features, benefits, pricing, competitive comparisons, or leveraging tools and technology. Most importantly, this role provides comprehensive case consultations in which individual clients/prospects are researched on behalf of the advisor.
The Internal Sales Consultant is the subject matter expert and must demonstrate a high level of product knowledge, professionalism, and attention to detail and in order to be a trusted consultant for financial advisors. The split between outbound and inbound calls is 80/20.
- Training & Education - Consult with financial advisors about all aspects of product & services to match the most applicable combination of practice management, economics, features and functionality to the client's needs.
- Case Consultations & Design – Consult with advisors to understand client needs, provide case design, risk class assessment, illustrations and recommends of suitable products and carriers to meet those needs. Assure appropriate sales materials are packaged to the advisor and engage them to help them understand and make adjustments to the case as needed. Engage with advisors to help them offer and sell the products.
- Advanced Concepts & Marketing- Provide overview of advanced sales concepts, consult with carrier wholesalers and refer cases to our Business Development officers or Premier Case Service as necessary. Assist business development by developing awareness of events, initiatives and responds to questions surrounding them. Participate in recruiting events.
- Articulate market and economic impacts as well as the technical investment characteristics of portfolios and underlying securities.
- Consult on supporting technology including portfolio analytic tools, investor presentation and proposal tool, annuity tools, and LPL BranchNet management/trading tools.
- Articulate our value proposition and four pillars of support and provides an overview of advanced sales concepts.
- With little direct supervision, problem solve a myriad of issues relating to compliance, operations, and technology concerns.
Other Job Duties:
- Leverage skills to diagnose advisor and client needs to provide appropriate options for consideration
- Assist advisors with analyses of existing prospect portfolios
- Through training maintain up-to-date job knowledge on proposal tools and other resources that assist advisors throughout the sales and service process with investors. Maintain current knowledge and understanding of LPL's offerings, Sponsor products, market dynamics and industry trends, etc.
- Work collaboratively across business units to provide service and to facilitate cross referrals
- Participate in appropriate professional development activities to best provide support to advisors and their clients which may include pursuit of certain professional designations and continuing education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or related
- Life & Health license, Series 7, Series 6, Series 66, or 63/65
- 3-5 years in a related sales or consulting function
- Very strong knowledge of Life Insurance products, general brokerage background helpful
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills including communication skills (both verbal and written)
- The ability to multitask and follow up, as well as the ability to maintain a positive client experience while diffusing tense situations
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment to make decisions and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced, client-centric team consultative environment encompassing multiple disciplines and product lines
- Demonstrated drive for professional growth and development
- MS Office proficiency
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.