Internal Consulting AssociateApply Job ID: R-015319 Date posted: 08/17/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The primary purpose of this role is to aid financial advisors in navigating and applying the most relevant products & services offerings to specific client situations. Consulting Associates must demonstrate a high level of product knowledge, professionalism, and attention to detail. Specific platforms and products covered are LPL's suite of advisory solutions (SAM/SWM, MWP, OMP, GWP, PWP, and Manager Select), as well as individual products such as Mutual Funds, 529s, UITs, ETFs, and Alternative Investments.
The Consulting Associate is mainly responsible for fielding inbound calls from financial advisors, typically 25-40 calls per day. The Associate will provide accurate support regarding all aspects of the LPL offerings and engage in consultative conversations, independently addressing a broad range of client support issues and applying professional judgment, expertise and best-in-class service.
1. Training & Education – Consult with financial advisors about all aspects of the applicable LPL product & services to match the most applicable combination of practice management, economics, features and functionality to the client's needs. Consult on Advisor University and other training opportunities and help Advisors to determine how to best leverage those resources to grow their businesses.
2. Case Consultations - Consult with financial advisors on new sales opportunities. This involves questioning techniques to fully understand client needs and advisor preferences for investment and practice management. Leverage expertise and job knowledge to provide options for consideration relative to asset allocations and product selections in order to meet client needs.
3. Consult as a first point of contact to understand client needs, case design, risk class assessment, illustrations, and recommends suitable products and platforms to meet those needs. Assure appropriate sales materials are packaged to the advisor to help them better understand and make adjustments to the case as needed.
4. Articulate market and economic impacts as well as the technical investment characteristics of portfolios and underlying securities.
5. Consult on supporting technology including portfolio analytic tools, the investor presentation and proposal tool (IPPT), AdvisoryWorld, Resource Center navigation, as well as some third party tools available to advisors.
Other Job Duties:
1. Leverage skills to diagnose advisor and client needs to provide appropriate options for consideration
2. Through ongoing training, maintain up-to-date job knowledge on proposal tools and other resources that assist advisors throughout the sales and service process with investors. Maintain current knowledge and understanding of LPL's offerings, Sponsor products, market dynamics and industry trends, etc.
3. Work collaboratively across business units to provide service and to facilitate cross referrals.
4. Participate in appropriate professional development activities to best provide support to advisors and their clients which may include pursuit of certain professional designations and continuing education.
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Experience Required: 1+ years of phone-based sales and/or service experience preferred.
1. Provide excellent customer service skills including communication skills (both verbal and written), the ability to multi-task and follow up, as well as the ability to maintain a positive client experience while diffusing tense situations
2. Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment to make decisions and solve problems
3. Thrive in a fast-paced, client-centric team consultative environment encompassing multiple disciplines and product lines
4. A drive for professional growth and development
Licenses & Certifications Required: FINRA Series 7 and Series 66/65 preferred at hire but not required.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.