Internal Consulting AssociateApply Job ID: R-009248 Date posted: 04/22/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The primary purpose of this role is to aid financial advisors in navigating and applying the most relevant product & service offerings to specific client situations. Consulting Associates must demonstrate a high level of product knowledge, professionalism, and attention to detail. Specific platforms and products covered are LPL's suite of advisory solutions (SAM/SWM, MWP, OMP, GWP, PWP, and Manager Select), as well as individual products such as Mutual Funds, 529s, UITs, ETFs, and Alternative Investments.
The Consulting Associate is mainly responsible for fielding inbound calls from financial advisors, typically 25-40 calls per day. The Associate will provide accurate support regarding all aspects of the LPL offerings and engage in consultative conversations, independently addressing a broad range of client support issues and applying professional judgment, expertise and best-in-class service.
1. Training & Education – Consult with financial advisors about all aspects of the applicable LPL product & services to match the most applicable combination of practice management, economics, features and functionality to the client's needs. Consult on Advisor University and other training opportunities and help Advisors to determine how to best leverage those resources to grow their businesses.
2. Case Consultations - Consult with financial advisors on new sales opportunities. This involves questioning techniques to fully understand client needs and advisor preferences for investment and practice management. Leverage expertise and job knowledge to provide options for consideration relative to asset allocations and product selections in order to meet client needs.
3. Consult as a first point of contact to understand client needs, case design, risk class assessment, illustrations, and recommends suitable products and platforms to meet those needs. Assure appropriate sales materials are packaged to the advisor to help them better understand and make adjustments to the case as needed.
4. Articulate market and economic impacts as well as the technical investment characteristics of portfolios and underlying securities.
5. Consult on supporting technology including portfolio analytic tools, the investor presentation and proposal tool (IPPT), AdvisoryWorld, Resource Center navigation, as well as some third party tools available to advisors.
Other Job Duties:
1. Leverage skills to diagnose advisor and client needs to provide appropriate options for consideration
2. Through ongoing training, maintain up-to-date job knowledge on proposal tools and other resources that assist advisors throughout the sales and service process with investors. Maintain current knowledge and understanding of LPL's offerings, Sponsor products, market dynamics and industry trends, etc.
3. Work collaboratively across business units to provide service and to facilitate cross referrals.
4. Participate in appropriate professional development activities to best provide support to advisors and their clients which may include pursuit of certain professional designations and continuing education.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- 1+ years of phone-based sales and/or customer service experience preferred.
- FINRA Series 7 and Series 66/65 licenses preferred, but not required; otherwise, must be able to obtain both within 3 months of hire date (company-paid).
- Excellent customer service skills including strong communication skills (both verbal and written), the ability to multi-task and follow up, as well as the ability to maintain a positive client experience while diffusing tense situations with confidence.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment to make decisions and solve problems
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, client-centric team, consultative environment encompassing multiple disciplines and product lines.
- A drive for professional growth and development.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.