Internal Consulting AssociateApply Job ID: R-017484 Date posted: 05/09/2022 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations CA-Remote
Are you interested in joining an internal consulting team that assists financial advisors with advisory services and investment products?
If so, the Internal Consulting Associate role might be just for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The primary purpose of this role is to aid financial advisors in navigating and applying the most relevant products & services offerings to specific client situations. Consulting Associates must demonstrate a high level of product knowledge, professionalism, and attention to detail.
- Training & Education – Consult with financial advisors about all aspects of the LPL advisory, product & services to match the most applicable combination of practice management, economics, features and functionality to the client's needs. Consult on Advisor University and other training opportunities and help Advisors to determine how to best leverage those resources to grow their businesses.
- Case Consultations - Consult with financial advisors on new sales opportunities. This involves questioning techniques to fully understand client needs and advisor preferences for investment and practice management. Leverage expertise and job knowledge to provide options for consideration relative to asset allocations and product selections in order to meet client needs.
- Consult as a first point of contact to understand client needs, case design, risk class assessment, illustrations, and recommends suitable products and carriers to meet those needs. Assure appropriate sales materials are packaged to the advisor to help them better understand and make adjustments to the case as needed.
Articulate market and economic impacts as well as the technical investment characteristics of portfolios and underlying securities.
- Consult on supporting technology including portfolio analytic tools, investor presentation and proposal tool, annuity tools, and LPL BranchNet management/trading tools. Articulate our value proposition and four pillars of support and provides an overview of advanced sales concepts. With little supervision, problem solve a myriad of issues relating to compliance, operations, and technology concerns.
What Are We Looking For?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and can execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or related field
- Life & Health Insurance License, Series 7, 6, 63/65 or 66
- 2-3 years of experience in a related consultative or sales function
- Knowledge of Life Insurance, Annuities, Long-term Care (LTC), and Disability Insurance strongly preferred
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.