Jr. AnalystApply Job ID: R-010781 Date posted: 07/28/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The new team member will be analyzing key short and long-term trends that impact the financial services industry and LPL Financial
The individual must have outstanding strategic thinking, presentation, and analytical skills.
The successful candidate has illustrated strong business acumen and can quickly understand the most critical elements of any industry or business, but also understand the nuances of the financial services industry. Experience with consulting firms, executive facilitation, and solving unstructured problems in an iterative, hypothesis-driven, “answer first” way are pluses.
- Researching the financial services industry, develop concise strategic challenges facing the firm and the competition, and empower the firm’s leadership to make decisions
- Creating the strategic framing for market positioning and capability differentiation
- Leveraging the organization to develop detailed strategic options in response to identified growth opportunities, industry disruptions, competitor intelligence and/or organizational goals.
- Guiding the analysis of internal and external data to bolster the strategic point of view
- Establish a collaborative environment that creates better input into the strategy development process, and better alignment by communicating strategic decisions and outcomes.
This position is based in LPL’s headquarters located in San Diego, CA
- Strong strategy expertise and solid understanding of the industry
- Expert with, Microsoft Office, Analytics tools such as Tableau and Alteryx, and Social Media
- Professional, dedicated demeanor with the confidence to present ideas/updates to leadership
- Ability to turn data into insights, decisions, and actions
- Entrepreneurial perspective, grounded in tangible outcomes
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and its objectives.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to create concise content for leadership
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Project management / multi-tasking skills across different projects
- Results oriented and outcome based and Experience working with frequent deadlines
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.