Junior Treasury AnalystApply Job ID: R-012316 Date posted: 02/23/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Do you have a background in treasury or cash management?
Are you interested in continuing a career in Treasury and cash management?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial is seeking a strong applicant to join our team as a member of Treasury Operations within the Capital Management Department, one of the most visible departments in our organization. As a trusted business partner, you will be responsible for the company's liquidity monitoring and management, funds disbursement, short term investing and debt administration. The treasury analyst also assists with bank account management including opening/closing bank accounts as well as maintaining authorized signers and users. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumen, attention to detail, and the technical and operational knowledge to help drive continuous improvement.
What will you do?
- Calculating prior day and intraday cash positions to ensure sufficient funds are available in all bank accounts and providing recommendations on short term investing/short term borrowing
- Initiates cash positioning wires as well as all manual wire disbursements from business partners
- Assists with bank account administration and maintains user access to online banking systems
- Manages Treasury Mailbox to assist Operations and Customer Service with banking related inquiries
- Assists on special projects with an emphasis on process improvement, interest income generation, and fee reduction
- Ad-hoc analysis, financial modeling, and additional responsibilities as required
Please note: Additional responsibilities or duties may be assigned to you as needed or determined.
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
Being able to think holistically and understand our cash process and banking structure, and confidently respond to inquiries from internal departments. Becoming a trusted, high performing team player with great level of detail and accuracy.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) is required
- 1-3 years corporate treasury or cash management
- Effective communication, presentation and writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- MS Excel and PowerPoint Intermediate Skills
- Experience with enterprise systems and treasury workstations a definite plus
- Understanding of payment methods (ACH, wire, checks) and treasury products / services
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
- High level of motivation and initiative
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.