Knowledge EngineerApply Job ID: R-005625 Date posted: 01/14/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is looking for a Knowledge Engineer with an interest in transforming the customer service experience through Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools. This is a Business (non IT) position dedicated to implementing and maintaining knowledge within an Interactive Service Assistant. You will develop the knowledge structure to best deliver knowledge answers through a conversational tool, ingest knowledge from an enterprise content management system and align it to the knowledge structure, and test and continually train the tool to deliver the most accurate answers. This role will report to the Vice President of Service, Trading, and Operations’ Information Management department.
- Define, maintain, and continually improve the knowledge structure and taxonomy to provide the most logical organization for thousands of content articles
- Define utterances and features for each piece of content to deliver targeted answers to customer inquiries
- Enhance the cognitive/linguistic intelligence of the Interactive Service Assistant, using a variety of tools and techniques, to best simulate human responses
- Closely interact with Communication Consultants/writers to optimize the format of content articles for delivery through the Interactive Service Assistant
- Proactively identify knowledge gaps and opportunities to improve our customers’ self-service options
- Perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and troubleshoot issues/defects within the knowledge setup
- Collaborate with various departments and build strong relationships to support and influence the ongoing build of this new tool/customer service offering
- Actively participate, and at times lead project and/or business process meetings
- Serve as an Interactive Service Assistant Subject Matter Expert (SME), occasionally providing demos and training to internal stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Computational Linguistics, Languages, Management Information Systems, Business Analytics, or a related field
- 3-5 years experience in knowledge management, translation, and/or process analytics. Experience in Financial Services and/or Customer Service preferred.
- Interest and familiarity with Artificial Intelligence concepts and techniques
- Experience with data schema/organization and information mapping
- Experience with enterprise content management systems, Adobe Experience Manager preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with other departments to collaborate, facilitate, and implement solutions. Experience interacting with both business and technical teams
- Strong technical mindset with proven ability to quickly learn new systems
- Ability to research and collect information from a wide variety of resources and leverage strong logical reasoning skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to dive deep to determine root cause of an issue
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail is required with a comfort in repetitive tasks
- Project/time management skills with the ability to effectively organize and prioritize to meet aggressive deadlines
- Enthusiastic, positive, teachable attitude. Goal-oriented, self-directed individual who can work independently and in a team setting
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.