Lead Ops SpecialistApply Job ID: R-010521 Date posted: 08/12/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Lead Ops Specialist will be a member of the Cash Management, which is responsible for money movement/transactions of cash and/or assets. The Lead will help oversee various cash management tasks. The position will include, but is not limited to, the review and oversight of incoming and outgoing checks, wire, ACH, and journal activity. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for supporting various staff management functions between the Fort Mill and San Diego locations.
What will you do?
- Responsible for coordinating and supervising department workflow and handling escalated issues for both retirement and Non-retirement accounts.
- Daily review of client accounts and external requests for high dollar wires, checks, journals, and ACH transactions. Identifying risk and assuring audit controls.
- Daily monitoring and training of offshore and onshore staff to assure adherence to procedures and SLA's.
- Working closely with all team members to ensure they are meeting designated goals
- Directly support management for the department and organizational level initiatives
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
You should have a working understanding of what we do here at LPL Financial. You will be a lead and handle the escalated issues.
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail, excellent verbal and written skills, and be a team leader with a positive attitude. We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who will thrive in a fast-paced environment, can problem-solve, articulate requirements, and escalate when necessary. You should have a strong desire to support team members & partners, and mentors. The candidate will also have the ability to learn multiple aspects of the Financial Services industry and understand how it all connects.
What skills, experiences, and educations are required?
- 3-5 years of Operations experience in the brokerage or financial services industry
- Must have Lead/Management experience within the industry
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products specifically, Excel, Word, and Access
- Effective Oral/Written Communication, Adaptability, Initiative, Decision Making, Customer Service, Passion for Results, ability to operate with minimal to no supervision
- Must hold Series 99 or 7 licenses or able to obtain within 90 days of employment.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.