Manager, Central SupervisionApply Job ID: R-007800 Date posted: 10/10/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
As a member of LPL Financial's Compliance, Legal, and Risk (CLR) division, the Compliance Manager within the Central Supervision Unit (CSU) will lead a team of principals whose primary responsibilities include the review and approval of account documentation, various security transactions (Trade Blotter), risk-based sales practice items (OSJ Review Tool), non-electronic correspondence, Advisory account activity, as well as identification and escalation of sales practice issues.
The Manager, Central Supervision role will require strong leadership, prioritization skills, and a willingness to motivate the team to focus on the timely completion of tasks at the highest level of quality. The Manager will be expected to have a hands-on approach to ensure strict adherence to the firm’s Written Supervisory Procedures as it relates to supervision conducted by the CSU.
• Provide feedback, instruction, guidance and direction to a large staff of principal conducting direct sales supervision of a variety of investment product and services
• Execute Quality Assurance reviews of corresponding CRU teams on a periodic basis
• Drive and coordinate operational and consistency enhancements for department quality processes, capacity modeling, and reporting. Lead production of periodic reporting, identify opportunities and implement enhancements to process.
• Coordinate responses to regulatory and internal inquiries, including inquiries from Legal and Regulatory Exams. Develop and maintain processes for responding to and proactively addressing supervisory concerns.
• Provide second-level supervision for complex and escalated issues arising out of department activities
• Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline; advanced degree a plus
• At least 7 years' industry experience, prior experience in a relevant function required
• Series 7, 9 and 10 (or Series 24), and Series 4 & 53 required (or must pass within 90 days of employment)
• Series 66 (or S63 and S65) preferred
• Strategic thinker who can provide thought leadership for supervisory processes and associated advisor policies and procedures, including active participation in various cross-organizational committees
• Must be able to identify, influence, and implement field-facing initiatives based on trends within supervision including clarification of policy, communication and/or training to educate and technology enhancements
• Ability to work effectively with business partners at senior levels in areas across the organization, maintain strong contact with all levels of field leadership, multiple field committees, and senior corporate leaders
• Must be able to identify and resolve gaps in supervision arising from technology or other challenges that prevent BAU and identify interim solutions to satisfy supervisory requirements
• Must be able to contribute well in sensitive situations, including meetings with FINRA, SEC and state regulatory agencies and potential client litigation
• Accurately reflect details of the supervisory process while maintaining a high level of authority and professionalism to positively reflect on the firm’s risk mitigation efforts
• Must be able to manage reviews from Field Office Inspections and other internal audit functions
• Responds timely to requests and identified gaps, and for implementing supervisory processes including changes to comply with legal and regulatory expectations
• Maintaining good relationships with leaders while providing guidance and constructive feedback is critical and the candidate must have strong knowledge of the supervision processes within the team in order to communicate consistent messages
• A complete analysis of information from multiple systems is required on sensitive issues escalated to leadership for review
• Maintain understanding of the technology used within each supervisory function for strategy development and prioritization both within the covered business line and as a part of the overall CRU technology strategy
• Responsible for the tactical development of the tools used as a supervisory system of record, and must be influential on other tools and systems from which the CRU derives data
• Experience with all Microsoft applications, particularly, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio. Familiarity with BETA a plus
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.