Manager, Client CompensationApply Job ID: R-009597 Date posted: 04/13/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego
We are looking for someone to join our team as an Operations Manager within Client Compensation. Client Compensation has several groups within the organization, all with the underlying goal of accurate receipt, allocation, and disbursement of compensation to our advisors, institutions, and firms. This position will lead a team of 6-12 employees that manage activities related to our onboarding, billing, and integration functions.
The essential functions of the role are:
- Lead a team of employees with a focus on engagement, growth, and development of the team and individuals within it
- Manage/Co-Manage various functions and processes within Client Compensation, including but not limited to critical daily tasks, key controls, and service escalations
- Develop, track, and monitor Key Performance Indicators for the team, processes, and individuals
- Manage risk portfolio within the team and provide support across the organization; assess risk impact as needed
- Collaborate with other teams within and outside of Client Compensation to deliver results
- Support Escalations from across the firm and coordinate with other teams to drive complex issues to resolution
- Prepare and deliver updates on current status and initiatives to various levels of leaders across the group and firm
- Provide Support to our internal Teams as needed for audits, projects, work orders, system changes, and testing
- Engage with internal and external customers as needed to meet client experience objectives
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelors preferred or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years leading and developing others preferred
- Series 99 or equivalent required within 120 days
- Proven ability to lead, develop and coach team members while possessing strong employee development skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills within a team environment
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple concurrent tasks in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical skills desired
- Desire to drive the best approach above all else
- Solution oriented individual with the desire to consistently improve the experience and output
- Self-motivated, self-directed, reliable individual with a positive attitude and a proactive style
- Financial Services Industry knowledge/experience is desired
- Proficient in Microsoft software programs, with advanced MS Word and Excel skills desired
- Working knowledge of Oracle, Siebel, Dynamics, and SharePoint are a plus
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.