Manager, Financial ReportingApply Job ID: R-004153 Date posted: 08/07/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Financial Reporting Manager is a key management position within the Reporting group that will report to the AVP, Financial Reporting. This position will be responsible for the firm's SEC external reporting requirements, including the 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, as well as quarterly press releases. This position is also responsible for annual financial statements for the firm's subsidiaries, certain broker-dealer filing requirements and various other reporting obligations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- People Development - Provide leadership, career development, mentoring and guidance that supports an engaging environment
- Manage the annual report on Form 10-K and the quarterly report on Form 10-Q process, including footnotes to the financial statements and management's discussion and analysis, and the supporting workbook and related tie out binder.
- Assist in preparing and reviewing annual financial statements for certain subsidiaries, publish the semi-annual broker-dealer customer pamphlet, and maintain the supporting workbooks and related tie-out binders.
- Stay current with all SEC and FASB guidance and pronouncements.
- Perform goodwill and intangible asset quarterly and annual impairment tests
- Preparation and research of technical accounting memos
- Support FP&A and Investor Relations in requests and projects as needed
- Identify and participate in the execution of key Sox Controls
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA designation required
- Experience: 3-5 year public accounting experience preferred, including serving on public reporting entity engagements. Strong technical accounting skills and knowledge of applicable SEC and GAAP reporting requirements. Experience with Webfilings and Broker-Dealer industry experience a plus
- Proven leadership skills, particularly in managing process improvement, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and professionally develop staff
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and work in a team-oriented environment
- Understanding of internal controls and proper supporting documentation
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and activities and adapt to change
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills including intermediate Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Series 99 securities license (or another qualifying securities license) or the ability to pass the Series 99 exam within 120 days of hire date is required
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.