Manager, Fraud OperationsApply Job ID: R-018490 Date posted: 10/05/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Do you have a passion for leading, being entrepreneurial, and being a part of process improvement?
If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial is currently seeking a manager for the STO Fraud Operations, which will manage and lead a high-risk, fast-paced, high-profile team.
The STO Fraud Operations Team Leader will be responsible for working with leadership in developing, structuring, and leading the response and escalation process as it relates to potential and actual fraud items presented to the Fraud Operations Team. The individual will be expected to make quick decisions, based on the facts provided with the intent of protecting LPL clients and preventing future fraud. Relationship building and open communication with STO partners and LPL businesses across the business will be a key success factor in this role.
What will you do?
- Manage STO Fraud Operations Team and fraud escalations based on MMT requests, as well as escalations received within Service, Trading, Operations and internal partners (Legal, CLR, Treasury) with the intent of preventing fraud for review and inquiry
- Quality Control of STO Fraud Operations investigations
- Monitoring and keeping abreast of current fraudulent trends in the industry
- Response and tracking of all inquiries escalated to the STO Fraud Operations Team inbox
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
You should have a working understanding of what we do here at LPL Financial. During this time you will also become comfortable with your team members and the pace.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and can execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure with a commitment to deliver under tight deadlines
- Discover and craft a development plan filled with tasks and deliverables that are personalized to the employee's growth strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience required
- 2+ years of Fraud experience required
- Self-starter; must be a thought-leader, strategic thinker, and independent decision-maker
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.