Manager, Internal ConsultingApply Job ID: R-002055 Date posted: 02/26/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the internal sales consulting team by providing the best suitable insurance solutions for LPL Advisor clients. Ensures team has access to all necessary business intelligence, technology, sales training, forms to assist the agency in achieving established revenue goals. Monitor and measure team sales performance in addition to advisor/client experience.
1. Oversee the timely processing of illustrations requests and telephone inquiries in order to meet departmental goals, focusing on the advisor experience in addition to service level agreements. Create opportunities to pro-actively engage with external wholesalers to create revenue generating activities. Serve as a “Player-Coach” by actively participating in the daily activities of providing illustrations and maintaining service levels on the phone queue.
2. Respond to advisors on escalated inquiries to ensure a positive advisory sales-oriented experience and to secure the most suitable strategy and insurance solution. Work with carrier partners to understand strategies and insurance products available. Help coordinate product training with insurance carriers for the internal sales team.
3. Provide guidance and training on all functions related to insurance strategies, products and sales illustrations to ensure all necessary materials for the advisor to make a presentation to the client are met. Assure any changes to products and procedures are documented and communicated timely.
4. Manage a team of 3 internal consulting associates and perform all administrative functions to ensure their success including coaching and counseling. Participate in the goal-setting and performance review process as established by LPL. Work within the greater National Sales Team to help identify and provide cross-referral opportunities and to enhance the advisor experience.
Other Job Duties:
1. Participate in firm level risk management and maintains confidentiality of all Personal Identifiable Information.
2. Actively participate on departmental projects as assigned.
3. Occasional travel for annual conferences.
4. Track monthly activity for the team to be reported to upper level management.
Minimum Education Required: College Diploma, BA/BS Preferred
Minimum Experience Required: Five or more years in Insurance Sales/Financial Services field required, 3 or more years prior experience in a leadership role preferred.
Licenses/Certifications Required/Preferred: Insurance License, FINRA Series 6 & 63 required. CLU, CFP, ChFC or other advanced designations a plus.
Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred: Proficiency with life insurance illustration systems (Winflex, individual desktop carrier software), life insurance/client tracking databases (SalesForce CRM). Intermediate to Advanced skill sets using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access) are required.
Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Additional information: Interact with internal/external customers including LPL Advisors, all LPLIA operations/case management staff, carrier partners and territory managers. Participates on LPLIA leadership team and interacts with co-leaders at LPLIA and other inter-departmental leaders at LPL.
Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills are required when working with staff, vendors, carrier partners and other members of the leadership team. Strong organizational and project management skills are required to ensure department goals are met. Strong attention to detail, business acumen and responsiveness is necessary to achieve success. Must be able to manage multiple priorities and react quickly to a changing environment. Strong written and oral communications skills are needed to communicate information necessary to process new business and changes in procedures. This individual needs to be proactive in recognizing changing business needs and developing corresponding changes in team approach and processes. Should also be able to function at a high level with minimal supervision.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.