Manager, Tech SupportApply Job ID: R-000222 Date posted: 01/12/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Position Summary:Desktop Support Analyst III
This position assists customers, end users and operating staff with technical support of computers, applications, and related technology. Interaction with multiple levels of end users, managers, VIPs and local technical staff is required. Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Provides Tier 3 support for end-user computing devices for LPL employees and Contingent workers in multiple offices.
- Responds to incidents and requests within a ticketing system, providing resolution within a complex fast-paced business environment.
- Deploys and troubleshoots end user computing devices including laptops, desktops, printers, MFPs and wireless devices that are aligned within the Home Office Security Policy.
- Reimage computers/hard drives in accordance with standards.
- Perform Move, Add, Change function including installation and decommission.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot Windows based operating systems, Microsoft Office and Internet browsers.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot MAC/Apple based operating systems and proprietary applications.
- Configures and supports remote users including VPN client and connectivity.
Provides customer training and knowledge documentation.
- Complies with and supports ITIL change-incident-problem management processes and work instructions.
- Troubleshoots incidents and fulfills requests within established SLAs.
- Adheres to Desktop and End User Computing processes, procedures, policies, and job aids.
- Provides a high level of customer service.
- Partner with Business Units, Active Directory, Messaging, Network, Engineering, Information Security, Service Desk and vendors.
- Perform asset inventory activities as needed.
- Able to work with minimal instruction on day-to-day operations and general instruction on new assignments from management.
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience and technical qualifications required.
- CompTIA A+ certifications preferred.
- Minimum 3-year experience in an information technology technical support position providing computer support and break/fix services.
- Experience in end-user support within a financial service environment preferred.
- Familiarity with Software Distribution tools such as SCCM preferred. Service Now is a plus.
- Experience with Windows OS, MS Office, Active Directory, Group policies, anti-virus software, Windows domain networking, local area networking.
- Experience with wireless technology such as Android, iPhones, iPads, Tablets, remote access software, wireless routers, personal firewall, VPN and Citrix.
- Experience with current desktop, laptop, peripheral technologies.
- Experience with imaging machines.
Experience utilizing client remote control solutions.
- Strong written/verbal communications skills, and possess the ability to interface with end-users effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic environment with changing schedules and priorities.
- Ability to handle heavy volume of equipment deployments and Incidents.
- Physical ability to lift 30-50lbs daily
- Self-motivated and willingness to adapt to different roles within Desktop Support services.
- Possesses a friendly, can-do attitude.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.