Manager, Virtual Administration Services (Financial Services Experience a Must)Apply Job ID: R-004483 Date posted: 09/12/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Are you a leader? Do you have a passion for motivating and engaging others? Do you thrive in a fast paced, high-energy work environment? Can you build meaningful relationships with co-workers and clients?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, we’d like to hear from you regarding our Manager, Virtual Services Administrator group.
LPL Financial is looking to hire a dedicated, supportive Manager for our Virtual Admin Services group. The Virtual Admin Services group enables advisors to outsource a broad range of administrative functions to LPL’s services group. The primary role of the LPL Virtual Administrator Services (VAS) manager will be to provide support to a team of Virtual Administrators (Wealth Advisor Assistants) to include: handling escalations, assisting staff with questions, and monitoring performance of team. In addition, manager will be responsible for ensuring the advisor experience is a positive one resulting in contract renewal.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Monitor and evaluate calls taken by their Virtual Administrators
- Answer questions and provide support to team and advisors.
- Provide monthly coaching, at a minimum, to Virtual Administrators
- Review timecards for accuracy
- Monitor phone queues and real time adherence to ensure associates are adhering to their assigned schedules
- Set performance goals and measure Virtual Administrators against those goals
- Write and deliver performance reviews
- Set-up telephony and technology for onboarding advisors
- Pair up new advisors with Virtual Admin based on advisor profile
- Discuss the Virtual Admin offering with interested advisors
- Host potential or existing advisors onsite or virtually
- Interview and make staffing decision for hiring Frontline Service Associates
- Identify trends and areas of improvement for staff and the VAS program
- Provide superior customer service to a base of financial advisors
- Advise Frontline AVP/VP when there is a need for progressive counseling of a team member.
- Assist in writing and presenting the action plan and guidance to improve the team member
- Play a key role in maintaining VAS standard for service level and improvement
- Conduct daily huddle meetings to communicate new and current information to the entire VAS team
- Assist with information and documentation requirements for new accounts, transfers and complex (non-investment related) activities
- Regularly exercise discretion and business judgment; research and resolve customer issues
- Facilitate distribution of operational policy updates, system outages, and other pressing information to frontline associates. Includes facilitating team huddles and conducting training presentations
- Assist in the resolution of escalated issues by taking ownership and acting as a liaison between our customers and LPL operations. Seeking alternative solutions to ensure each situation is resolved to the customers satisfaction
- Partner with Operational contacts to resolve difficult and/or out of SLA issues
- Provide strong, compassionate, and visible leadership which foster positive attitudes and trust among employees and our advisors
- Manage vacation requests, approve timesheets, and ensure proper team queue coverage
- Work closely with internal managers of operations and organizational development and training
- Conduct monthly outreach meetings with advisors as needed
Other Job Duties:
- BE BALANCED- Juggle multiple tasks, while maintaining focus
- BE PROACTIVE- Take a solution oriented approach to escalated items
- BE CURIOUS- identify and take action on process improvements
- BE COURAGEOUS- identify potential areas of opportunity for staff and provide ongoing coaching,
- BE ENTREPRENEURIAL- understand your role as a business owner and strive to elevate the status quo
- BE A MOTIVATOR- Conduct daily Huddle meetings to recognize and share new information with your staff
- 3 - 5 years of call center experience working in a customer contact center environment.
- 3+ years of experience managing staff
- 3 + years of financial services experience
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work independently are required to identify problems and implement solutions in a team environment.
- Effectiveness in this role requires strong leadership abilities as well as a solid working knowledge of LPL policies and procedures
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.