Marketing ManagerApply Job ID: R-016987 Date posted: 08/18/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Do you have a successful track record in digital marketing and prior experience coaching, managing, and/or leading a team?
Are you passionate about serving clients, adding value, improving processes/systems, and developing marketing consultants to become true experts?
Would you like to help people improve their financial wellbeing and build wealth for their future while growing financial advisors' businesses?
Great! Then, read on and apply if qualified.
The LPL Financial Marketing Solutions department is seeking a marketing manager with a digital marketing background. As the manager of a Marketing Solutions team, you will lead several marketing consultants. The marketing consulants will support LPL Financial advisors and their digital marketing strategies, assist with onboarding new LPL advisors, and manage projects to drive advisor value and team efficiencies. You will be reporting to the Vice President ofMarketing Solutions. This role is responsible for managing the team and achieving our annual goals.
This role is part of Marketing Solutions supporting Strategic Wealth Services (SWS). LPL Strategic Wealth Services is a turnkey solution targeting advisors or teams, with qualifying AUM, who are looking to break away from their current firm but do not want the risk and complexity of starting and operating their own independent RIA. This integrated solution is designed to help advisors with every step of the move to independence, from real estate to IT to marketing.
Marketing Solutions is a digital marketing group consisting of marketing consultants. The marketing consultants work with financial advisors with the goal of helping them grow their practice. The subscribers (financial advisors, institutions, banks, credit unions) rely on Marketing Solutions to create, execute, and report on a digital marketing strategy. Marketing Solutions services include tactics such as email, website, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, digital advertising, blogging, and more. Key benefits of Marketing Solutions include:
- Marketing consultants backed by a team of digital and creative experts
- No more figuring out how to get started or finding the time to market
- Consistent marketing, executed and measured to see a return on investment
The characteristics needed for you to be successful:
- Ability to inspire, motivate, and challenge your team to tackle the opportunities for improvement.
- Comfortable with ambiguity with an ability to learn quickly and thrive in a complex, growth-oriented, and dynamic environment.
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Foster a culture of engagement, diversity, and inclusion.
- A positive can-do attitude; willing to "get in the weeds" with employees.
- Utilize the principles of continuous process improvement to streamline and enhance the operation of the call center.
- Resourceful in navigating across the organization to get work completed and issues resolved.
- Constantly working on developing team members for succession planning.
- Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
- Lead from the front and embody the firm’s mission and values – and understand how to educate and reinforce.
What the people you manage do:
- Implement the overarching content strategy into each advisors’ tactics.
- Learn each advisor’s marketing plan and conduct an initial interview.
- Schedule and host regular discussions with the advisors.
- Create maintain, and implement digital marketing and editorial calendars while managing each advisors’ content strategy for blog, e-newsletter, and social media.
- Evaluate each advisor’s website and blog and then enhance as needed.
- Create email campaigns.
- Collaborate with compliance to ensure content, brand, and messaging are approved.
- Conduct market research and share discoveries with each advisor.
- Implement lead generation and niche prospecting process and workflow for implementation in advisor’s practice to drive business growth for advisors and LPL Financial.
- Establish and measure ROI and KPIs such as email CTR, social media engagement, and website traffic.
- Collaborate with the advisor’s office staff to ensure cohesive messaging and communications.
- Work with LPL's current tools to integrate into the overarching plan.
- Provide feedback and enhancements from the advisors.
- Support LPL advisors via phone and email.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaboratorswho can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- Minimum required: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, a related field, or equivalent experience with a HS Diploma/GED.
- 1-3 years’ experience with coaching, management, and/or leading a team.
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing and digital marketing.
- Client services experience is a plus.
- Solid understanding of e-commerce, PPC, SEO & SEM.
- Solid knowledge of inbound marketing tools and web management.
- Working knowledge of web design principles, best practices, and content management platforms.
- Ability to develop and execute sales and marketing strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good understanding of digital marketing tools such as Google Analytics, Google Adwords, & Hubspot.
- Excellent project management skills.
- CRM experience preferred but not required.
- Financial services experience a plus, not required.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.