Mgr, AccountingApply Job ID: R-002319 Date posted: 03/15/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Revenue Accounting Manager is a key management position within the Controllership group that will report to the VP – Controller. This position will be responsible for the leadership of the Sales Revenue team and the proactive administration of related accounting processes, controls, and analysis.
Specific responsibilities include:
- People Development - Provide leadership, career development, mentoring and guidance that supports an engaging environment
- Financial Close - Coordinate and manage the monthly close process related to sales revenue and related production expense accounting activities including journal entries, estimates, account reconciliations and other review activities.
- Process Development - Support a culture of continuous improvement to drive enhanced reporting of business drivers, accelerating close timing, improving close accuracy and the refinement of controls over financial reporting
- Control Environment - Identify and participate in the management and execution of key SOX Controls while driving the continuous improvement of the controls environment and business unit understanding
- Process Governance - Support the development and maintenance of appropriate accounting policies, procedures and control considerations for those activities within the scope of the Revenue Team
- Financial Reporting and Audit - Support quarterly and year-end financial reporting and audit deliverables
- Internal Reporting – Develop and maintain strong coordination and collaboration with various teams in Finance in support of the financial close and ongoing analytics of revenue items
- Systems - Maintain and manage responsibilities for Revenue accounting systems and assist with user administration for other key systems such as RemitPro and BETA
- Customer Support - Provide strong customer service and foster a collaborative environment with our business unit partners
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 5-7 years of professional experience, with 1-2 years progressive experience managing staff or leading project teams
- Proven leadership skills, particularly in managing process improvement, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and professionally develop staff
- Effective communication skills and experience building collaborative relationships and team oriented environments
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and activities by working smarter
- Strong understanding of controls and experience ensuring organizational compliance with internal controls over financial reporting
- Experience in public accounting, financial services and broker/dealers preferred
- CPA license, MBA or Series 7 or 27 securities licenses are pluses
- Experience in managing and operating within an Oracle Financial environment is a plus
- Experience working with auto-reconciliation tools, e.g. Trintech or Blackline, a plus
- Series 99 securities license (or another qualifying securities license) or the ability to pass the Series 99 exam within 120 days of hire date is required
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.