Mgr, Internal ConsultingApply Job ID: R-004272 Date posted: 08/27/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Responsible for management of the Case Management team to ensure a high quality and efficient service level delivery for insurance cases. The Lead Case Manager will provide a breadth of knowledge to the case management staff by implementing an ongoing training process, serve as a point of reference for the staff, and managing a case load as it pertains to important or escalated cases.
Directs Case Management processes to ensure quality and efficient service is maintained on all insurance applications prior to forwarding to our insurance carrier partners.
- Supervises new application and case processing to ensure thorough review, accurate data entry, proper determination of carrier requirements are consistently made on all insurances submitted.
- Coaches individuals and teams to develop thorough case processing knowledge and develops all staff to ensure quality case processing knowledge and positive service level experiences with internal and external customers.
- Establishes and monitors individual and team goals
- Responsible for regular reporting of case management key metrics
2. Manage a case load of insurance applications and use experience and knowledge to maximize the timely issuance of policies.
- Serve as the advisors’ main point of contact when dealing with resolution of case escalations.
- Analyze carrier requirements and facilitate dialogue with underwriters to obtain exceptions, improve offers, and expedited processing.
- Act as the first point of contact in the case escalation process.
3. Responsible for the creation and scheduling of training for case management and operations.
- Manage the case management and operations calendar for all process, underwriting, and departmental training.
- Coordinate with carrier and underwriters to leverage their knowledge and materials for LPLIA continued ongoing underwriting training.
- Create and perform training as it pertains to technology systems process changes and implementation.
Other Job Duties:
1. May be expected to travel to alternative business locations
2. Actively participate in projects directly/indirectly affected areas of responsibility
Minimum Education Required: BA/BS college degree preferred
Minimum Experience Required: (including years of experience) At least 5 years experience in related insurance or BGA organization(s) of which 2-3 years in management roles.
Licenses/Certifications Preferred: State Insurance licensure, Securities Series 6
Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred: High Level knowledge and proficiency with Agency Works required, Intermediate to Advanced MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) preferred and PC Keyboard Skills required.
Additional information: (Include who does this position interact with internally/externally and what levels.): Interacts effectively with all staff, peers and senior management on a regular daily basis.
List any Soft Skills required for the position: (Communication, Multi-Tasking, etc.)
- Demonstrated solid business acumen
- Critical thinking
- Process management
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Very good problem-solving skills
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.